McDonald's TF Oil Painting arrives tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
A friend who has been involved in fuel racing for 20 years is giving me a
4' x 6' Ron Burton oil painting of the "Ace" driving the McDonald's dragster.
I don't remember when Ed drove the McDonald's car, so I am eager to see this!
Ron's paintings are featured in galleries at the Union Jack Pub and Brickyard Crossing Hotel at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Two of the coolest paintings above the bar at the Union Jack feature John Force (signed by John) and "Team Torch". When we have the painting hung, I'll enlist Kelly's help (again) to post a photo here. I'm really pumped to have inherited a piece of drag racing history! - Jim

That's an amazing piece it sounds like. Ace drove Larry Minor's funny cars (Miller) through '91 with Berney Fedderly as his crew chief. Also, '91 was the year that Cruz turned pro (he drove a TF dragster part time for Larry Minor without a major sponsor on the sides. The next year McDonalds came to the team and they switched seats. Cruz won the Championship in FC ..... Ace won a few events in the dragster, then eventually moved on to tuning and Cory Mac took over driving the McDonalds dragster.

That's an amazing piece it sounds like. Ace drove Larry Minor's funny cars (Miller) through '91 with Berney Fedderly as his crew chief. Also, '91 was the year that Cruz turned pro (he drove a TF dragster part time for Larry Minor without a major sponsor on the sides. The next year McDonalds came to the team and they switched seats. Cruz won the Championship in FC ..... Ace won a few events in the dragster, then eventually moved on to tuning and Cory Mac took over driving the McDonalds dragster.

Lance - thanks for the history! I was told that this painting is one of a pair. The other painting featured KB racing Joe Amato - the location of that one is apparently unknown. If anyone knows where it is, I would be very interested!

I always wondered the real reason McCulloch lost the McDonalds T/F ride. I`ve heard the rumors, and no way am I ever going to repeat them on here.

That's an amazing piece it sounds like. Ace drove Larry Minor's funny cars (Miller) through '91 with Berney Fedderly as his crew chief.

Actually, Ace drove the Miller car through 1990. In 1991 Ace and Shirley were teammates in Minor's camp with Otter Pops as the main sponsor.

Outstanding! This is so cool! Congrats Jim! :)
AcePainting.JPG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back