Maybe 65 minutes for TF/FC isn't enough time? (1 Viewer)

Heavyhauler

Nitro Member
I am not saying any fasteners were loose, but really first a 75 minute between round time limit, then 65 minutes.
Who makes those decisions? And based on what?
IMO 90 minutes between rounds is safer from a preparation perspective, it worked fine with Diamond P, TNN, and NBC TV for years.

if this is in response to what happened in Phoenix I really don't understand what the basis is.....it was the first round and there had been a rain delay....they had all night and morning to prepare the car

I am not saying any fasteners were loose, but really first a 75 minute between round time limit, then 65 minutes.
Who makes those decisions? And based on what?
IMO 90 minutes between rounds is safer from a preparation perspective, it worked fine with Diamond P, TNN, and NBC TV for years.

would not have mattered since it was first round and they had a day to prepare.

No not a response to Phoenix and those sad events, just an observation that track preparation and inspection along with car preparation and safety may be taking a second seat to someones TV agenda.

Under normal circumstances, 75 minutes is doable, without making mistakes. That's assuming there isn't major damage besides the engine. I was under the impression that 65 minutes were only used on occasion, if they were behind. I agree that there is a limit to what the crews can do, even though each guy is trained in what he does.

The bean-counters forget certain things take a certain amount of time, no matter what.

Moving service time to 65 minutes is usually for weather moving in. Most teams complete the service in as little time as 35 minutes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back