Massey Confident for Atlanta (1 Viewer)

PAST VICTORIES AND RECENT TESTING SESSION
PROVIDE MASSEY WITH CONFIDENCE FOR ATLANTA

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (April 14, 2009) – Although only entering his sixth race as a professional driver on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Rookie of the Year candidate Spencer Massey returns to action this weekend already having enjoyed much success at Atlanta Dragway.

Before being selected as driver of Snake Racing’s U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company dragster at the start of the 2009 season, Massey’s career in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series saw him pilot his Top Alcohol dragster to the winner’s circle in each of the past two seasons at the Commerce, GA dragstrip. For Massey, it will be the first time he has returned to the site of one of his past sportsman victories behind the wheel of a Top Fuel dragster, which will give him additional confidence heading into this weekend’s NHRA Southern Nationals.

“I have some really good memories racing at Atlanta,” recalls Massey. “Our team was based in Texas, so it was a big trip for us. I remember the car had ran well during qualifying but we found some problems before Sunday and we were able to fix those, go four rounds and take the win. I had been to five previous finals before, so to finally win my first National Sportsman event was just huge. I had waited for that win forever, so it was really exciting.”

“It will be fun to return to a place where I am used to seeing the win light come on,” said Massey. “I am comfortable racing at that track and I can’t wait to see if some of my good luck there can carry over for our team this weekend.”

Adding to Massey’s confidence level heading into this weekend’s event was a lengthy and successful test session led by crew chiefs Donnie Bender and Todd Smith on the Monday following the recently completed Las Vegas race. The U.S. Smokeless Racing team made six full laps under various track conditions, which Massey feels will help them in Atlanta.

“Our car is very capable of going rounds and winning races,” said Massey. “We needed to work on getting a better handle on our consistency and I feel that testing was a big step in the right direction toward that. Now, we need to take that momentum, bring that with us to Atlanta and turn on some win lights.”

I think the team will do good this weekend. It is time for Spencer and the team to go rounds. This is one of the best teams out there so this should be a good weekend.

PAST VICTORIES AND RECENT TESTING SESSION
PROVIDE MASSEY WITH CONFIDENCE FOR ATLANTA

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (April 14, 2009) – Although only entering his sixth race as a professional driver on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Rookie of the Year candidate Spencer Massey returns to action this weekend already having enjoyed much success at Atlanta Dragway.

Before being selected as driver of Snake Racing’s U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company dragster at the start of the 2009 season, Massey’s career in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series saw him pilot his Top Alcohol dragster to the winner’s circle in each of the past two seasons at the Commerce, GA dragstrip. For Massey, it will be the first time he has returned to the site of one of his past sportsman victories behind the wheel of a Top Fuel dragster, which will give him additional confidence heading into this weekend’s NHRA Southern Nationals.

“I have some really good memories racing at Atlanta,” recalls Massey. “Our team was based in Texas, so it was a big trip for us. I remember the car had ran well during qualifying but we found some problems before Sunday and we were able to fix those, go four rounds and take the win. I had been to five previous finals before, so to finally win my first National Sportsman event was just huge. I had waited for that win forever, so it was really exciting.”

“It will be fun to return to a place where I am used to seeing the win light come on,” said Massey. “I am comfortable racing at that track and I can’t wait to see if some of my good luck there can carry over for our team this weekend.”

Adding to Massey’s confidence level heading into this weekend’s event was a lengthy and successful test session led by crew chiefs Donnie Bender and Todd Smith on the Monday following the recently completed Las Vegas race. The U.S. Smokeless Racing team made six full laps under various track conditions, which Massey feels will help them in Atlanta.

“Our car is very capable of going rounds and winning races,” said Massey. “We needed to work on getting a better handle on our consistency and I feel that testing was a big step in the right direction toward that. Now, we need to take that momentum, bring that with us to Atlanta and turn on some win lights.”

Although I'm a huge Dixon fan, I still look at that blue U.S. Smokeless dragster with great fondness. It would be fantastic if he won tomorrow, both for Spencer and for the Snake. It's about time Donnie Bender got that thing rolling.

Leebone

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back