Mark Oswald (1 Viewer)

FuelCarBuilder

Nitro Member
Mark and Brian Corradi were in the shop today checking on Mike Ashleys car. Got to speak to Mark briefly, mentioned I was a fan from way back. He seemed like a really nice guy. I always admired the drivers who turned wrenches too, and Mark was/is one of the best. Looks like he could hop into one of these rockets and win another Championship himself ;) Glad to see him back in the thick of things and I think good things will become of this. bOb

Mark is a great person and racer. I am so pumped that he is part of our team and can't wait to go racin' again.

With Brian Corradi tuning while Mark Oswald and Chuck Ford do R&D... What a dream team!!! I'm proud to say that I'm a member of their team. :D

Mark Oswald is a good man.
Hey, wait a minute, Tony! Aren't you the guy who doesn't say anything nice about anybody? Just kidding of course--I really enjoy your knowledgeable input. Keep it coming, ok? By the way, I'm a big fan of Zizzo Racing. Best of luck to you guys in the upcoming season. How are things looking for the team?

He's also a great driver! Vern has also broken wheelie bars.
fcstand.jpg

You guys are right, Mark is a good person. I remember being little and for several years in a row he burnt a car down to the ground at Dallas. The Murderplex always had his number for some reason. Well best of luck to Mike Ashley's team this year.

Hey, wait a minute, Tony! Aren't you the guy who doesn't say anything nice about anybody? Just kidding of course--I really enjoy your knowledgeable input. Keep it coming, ok? By the way, I'm a big fan of Zizzo Racing. Best of luck to you guys in the upcoming season. How are things looking for the team?
Hi Terry, thanks for the kinds words.:)

As for 2007, things are still pretty much up in the air. I know of one deal we have on the table, but we haven't been given an answer...that I know of. We'd like run all the IHRA races and maybe 3-4 NHRA races. The Zizzo's aren't independently wealthy and have just about invested everything they have in this team. As of now, it would be pretty tough to run this car without some type decent backing.

We feel like we're a team that could do a good job of representing someones business and are well aware there's more to this than just racing a car.

We also feel we're very capable of winning the IHRA Championship. This will be our 4th year of racing in Top Fuel. We've been fortunate to have all our same crew guys for 4 years(what team can say that?) and they have all really jelled and grown up. We're able to bring a former top crew chief out of retirement and that has been a huge addition. Our performance's at Martin and Budd's Creek, to me are a good indication of how tough we could be in 2007...and beyond.

Last edited:
You guys are right, Mark is a good person. I remember being little and for several years in a row he burnt a car down to the ground at Dallas. The Murderplex always had his number for some reason. Well best of luck to Mike Ashley's team this year.

Yeah, that last one with the Petosa Brothers car was a nasty fire.

He's also a great driver! Vern has also broken wheelie bars.
fcstand.jpg
I know those wheelstands are hard on parts (and underwear! :eek: ) but I sure love watching them! :cool: I remember one year Capps had that old Copenhagen Camaro on two wheels more than than he did on all 4. :D

Hi Terry, thanks for the kinds words.:)

As for 2007, things are still pretty much up in the air. I know of one deal we have on the table, but we haven't been given an answer...that I know of. We'd like run all the IHRA races and maybe 3-4 NHRA races. The Zizzo's aren't independently wealthy and have just about invested everything they have in this team. As of now, it would be pretty tough to run this car without some type decent backing.

We feel like we're a team that could do a good job of representing someones business and are well aware there's more to this than just racing a car.

We also feel we're very capable of winning the IHRA Championship. This will be our 4th year of racing in Top Fuel. We've been fortunate to have all our same crew guys for 4 years(what team can say that?) and they have all really jelled and grown up. We're able to bring a former top crew chief out of retirement and that has been a huge addition. Our performance's at Martin and Budd's Creek, to me are a good indication of how tough we could be in 2007...and beyond.

I certainly agree that you guys could represent a sponsor very well--a class act with very approachable people and a real "team" feeling. I hope somebody in corporate america wakes up to what a true "family" type team could do for a marketing effort. That's something everyone could relate to and I think that marketing effort would be very successful. Best of luck from an ol' super gas racer, and I'll be watching and cheering for Zizzo Racing!

I certainly agree that you guys could represent a sponsor very well--a class act with very approachable people and a real "team" feeling. I hope somebody in corporate america wakes up to what a true "family" type team could do for a marketing effort. That's something everyone could relate to and I think that marketing effort would be very successful. Best of luck from an ol' super gas racer, and I'll be watching and cheering for Zizzo Racing!

I cant agree more I am proud to have Zizzo racing on-board with us for 2007. How many races dont know yet but they will be there going strong and doing what they do best. Thanks Evan.

I cant agree more I am proud to have Zizzo racing on-board with us for 2007. How many races dont know yet but they will be there going strong and doing what they do best. Thanks Evan.

I'm sure you've heard it before Evan and I'm positive you'll hear it again but you are awesome!
Thank you so very much for your contributions to our sport!
and
Thank you for keeping clutch dust all over Tony Smith on his way to a championship this next year! We really need guys like Tony in the sport!

Cool Deal Evan,

Tony Congrats! Now tell us the when's and the where's!!

Rapid {One of the guys Tony likes, and YEAH, I am VICESURE} ;)

thanks to you Evan! It's terrific to see the Zizzos getting the help they need and deserve. I'm sure they are really stoked for the new year, and as a big Zizzo fan, I can't wait. Thanks again, Evan, you're the man!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back