Mahle Clevite joins Jack Wyatt Racing for 2008 (1 Viewer)

Mahle Clevite joins Jack Wyatt Racing for 2008

Corydon, Iowa, January 2008: Jack Wyatt has announced that Mahle Clevite Inc. will be a major associate product sponsor on his Nitro Funny Car for the 2008 IHRA race season. Mahle Clevite will join the other associate sponsors supporting Wyatt as he attempts to continue his quest to be a strong force in the IHRA Knoll-Gas Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series.

Mahle Clevite Inc. became involved with Wyatt Racing at the recent PRI (Performance Racing Industry) trade show held in Orlando, Fla. Mahle Clevite Inc. is the official engine bearing of nitro racing in the IHRA Nitro Jam series. As part of their program, full ring and engine bearing product sponsorships were awarded to two 2007 Nitro Jam competitors, by a drawing held at the PRI show. Wyatt was the recipient of the Nitro Funny Car sponsorship for Perfect Circle rings and Clevite engine bearings.

“I was very surprised when they called my name,” explained Wyatt, “I didn’t think I had a chance to win. We are very fortunate to receive this gift from Clevite because it will be a lot of help to our program. With my budget anything we don’t have to buy is a tremendous help. When I bought my rings and bearings in the past, not only did I have to pay for the parts, but also the shipping, and that adds up quickly. So, now not only will I be able to run some of the best parts out there, I’ll be saving a lot of money and it can’t get any better than that. I want to thank Clevite and let them know that I really appreciate their help.”

In 2007, the soft-spoken, easy going Wyatt enjoyed the best season of his 30-plus year racing career. He earned one win, one runner-up finish and placed second in points. And to make the year even better, Wyatt was honored with IHRA’s most prestigious award, “Sportsman of the Year”. Wyatt accomplished all of this with a hard working volunteer crew and a small handful of associate sponsors.

“Mahle Clevite Inc. is pleased to be a sponsor of IHRA Nitro Jam Racing,” said Bill McKnight, Manager of Motorsports, Sales and Marketing. “Nitro powered Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters provide plenty of excitement for the fans and are a demanding test for our parts. Jack Wyatt is a first class individual, and we are pleased to have the opportunity to support his Funny Car in 2008.”

The MAHLE Group is one of the 30 largest automotive suppliers worldwide. They are a leading manufacturer of components and systems for the internal combustion engine and its peripherals. MAHLE Clevite Inc. is one of the world’s largest suppliers of pistons, valve train parts, engine bearings, piston rings, and engine gaskets. MAHLE Clevite brands include MAHLE Original® pistons, assemblies, valves, cylinder liners, Clevite® engine bearings and engine parts, Victor Reinz® gaskets and Perfect Circle® piston rings. In addition, Clevite®, Victor Reinz® and Perfect Circle® are official NASCAR® Performance Products. MAHLE Clevite’s Internet address is MAHLE Clevite Inc..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back