Maddi Gordon gets TA/FC license (1 Viewer)

Very impressive. You can't tee someone up for a successful drag racing career any better. A 19-year-old that can put a new crank in an alcohol motor and drive it sub 5.50. Good job mom and dad.

Much like it was when Doug climbed in the driver's seat when his Dad, Mike, handed him the keys many years ago, she has seen what it takes to be a good driver first hand in TA/FC. She starts out laps ahead of most new to driving these cars. Much Like Steve Gasparelli when his Dad stepped out, Randy Anderson, etc. They know the business end, mechanical, physical, emotional, and most importantly, the mental aspects of driving these very difficult cars.

This was the car that Mike drove on their first appearance at Bandimere Speedway. I don’t know the year but I’m guessing maybe 1992.

Attachments

• IMG_4615.jpeg
    IMG_4615.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
This was the car that Mike drove on their first appearance at Bandimere Speedway. I don’t know the year but I’m guessing maybe 1992.
I would have bet the barn, Mike had been around since the 80's. Good thing we sold the ranch and surrounding land, which is now the city of Clayton, CA.

Same with Goodwin, Kosky and a few others.

Time sure has a strange way of playing tricks with the mind... 🤷‍♂️

I would have bet the barn, Mike had been around since the 80's. Good thing we sold the ranch and surrounding land, which is now the city of Clayton, CA.

I raced Mike a few times. He spanked me pretty hard. The one time I thought I was looking good, the supercharger belt decided to take a hike at about 1,000' and went through the hood. I think that was in 1993 or so at Pomona.

Mike saved the day for me more than once. His trailer full of B&J Transmission parts was second to none. 😆

He may have raced earlier but not come to Denver. In the pre-internet era, you rarely saw or heard of cars that ran in other divisions. Outside of National Dragster there was very little information or pics. Bandimere remodeled in 89 and this pic was definitely taken after that.

I raced Mike a few times. He spanked me pretty hard. The one time I thought I was looking good, the supercharger belt decided to take a hike at about 1,000' and went through the hood. I think that was in 1993 or so at Pomona.

Mike saved the day for me more than once. His trailer full of B&J Transmission parts was second to none. 😆
It's not like that was one run, 30 years ago or anything lol ... ;)

I hope life is treating you well Randy! :)

You would of won the bet. My parents bought our first funny car in 1986. Mike drove from 1986 through 1993 and I took over the seat in 1994. This being my final year will be my 30th year driving.

Also wanted to say thanks so much for all the nice comments. Maddi is really excited to drive next season and it is such a great feeling to know that she does have such natural talent to jump in this powerful race car. I am sure she will have her hiccups along the way in this stress filled racing we do but she will do great and really looking forward to passing the torch.

Thanks again and hope for some good results in Indy this weekend
Doug Gordon
#1 TAFC

You would of won the bet. My parents bought our first funny car in 1986. Mike drove from 1986 through 1993 and I took over the seat in 1994. This being my final year will be my 30th year driving.

Also wanted to say thanks so much for all the nice comments. Maddi is really excited to drive next season and it is such a great feeling to know that she does have such natural talent to jump in this powerful race car. I am sure she will have her hiccups along the way in this stress filled racing we do but she will do great and really looking forward to passing the torch.

Thanks again and hope for some good results in Indy this weekend
Doug Gordon
#1 TAFC
Incredible Family! 👍👍

Go get it Kid. ;)
Car's really running stout.
Best of luck #1

From my experience, I've had more fun and enjoyment from helping and working with my kids and grandson with racing then I got doing it myself

From my experience, I've had more fun and enjoyment from helping and working with my kids and grandson with racing then I got doing it myself
100% True in my case. I only get my car out one weekend a year lately, might be 2 this year. I have way more fun with the kids running their JR Dragsters.

As far as Maddi goes, she did an amazing job. I got to see her runs in Brainerd, and you’d never know it was her in the car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back