Lucky 13 for Underdahl in Englishtown (1 Viewer)

ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. (June 4, 2011) - Jim Underdahl, rider of the Suzuki Extended Protection Pro Stock Motorcycle, grabbed the No. 13 spot on the ladder in qualifying Saturday for the 42nd NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J.

The 25-year-old former Minnesota State Wrestling Champion saved his best pass for the final round of qualifying, posting a 6.937-second effort at 191.46 mph and setting up a re-match with Hector Arana, Sr.

"We continued to improve all weekend, and are feeling really confident about where we are sitting right now," Underdahl said. "Dad (Greg Underdahl) and Ben (Kriegsfeld, crew chiefs) have been working on the bike, trying to get more horsepower, and they've started getting things really dialed in.

"We've always had really good early numbers (in a run), and now we're starting to see the back-end numbers pick up too, which is really encouraging. All the focus on the carburetors we did at the last race, combined with the electrical changes we made for this event, it's all coming together really well. Tomorrow should be a great day for Team Underdahl," he said.

In their last meeting, Underdahl and Arana faced off in the quarterfinals at Atlanta, where the pair left at virtually the same time and Underdahl taking the stripe, 7.001-seconds to 7.084-seconds. Although he came out on top last time, he is keenly aware of Arana's ability.

"Hector is a great rider, for sure, but it does give me a confidence boost knowing that we've beaten him in the past. I know that every race is different, and to get to the winner's circle we have to go one lap at a time. We'll go out there with all we've got, and take things step by step.

"But, I have to admit, I feel really good," Underdahl added.

Eliminations are scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back