Love is clumsy and awkward (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Jeez ESPN, are you so desperate for content that you have to produce that awkward and poorly produced package on racing's royal couple. Very hard to watch and ultra contrived. 40ish women with chihuahuas don't watch your telecast so stop programming for them. What is next, Jim O and his kid laboring over the selection of a dance costume? Erica and Richie picking out tile and countertops?

The odds of a FC driver marrying an Indy car driver ever again are probably slim, so they are a unique couple. I thought it was kind of a funny bit, especially when they were saying goodbye, and you hear her FC start up in the parking lot and she says" that's me".

The bit was produced for and originally aired in the Indy 500 pre-race, so it was good exposure for Courtney. They were making fun of the online dating commercials you see on TV, not programming for 40ish women. Sorry the joke went over your heads.

It was a funny idea, they're racers not actors though. I can't remember the wesbsite name they were saying, I wonder what's at the "dating" site.

Can't fault the two sanctioning bodies trying to drum up a little extra press...they both need it.

Though for me, funny would have been simply switching views of them driving each other around in a street sedan.
Courtney as Graham drove: "Slow down!"
Graham as Courtney drove: "Slow down!
Over and over, each driving the other in different situations (freeway on ramp, twisty mountain road etc.)
Some more anxious pleas, some more disgruntled barks. Always just the two words...."SLOW DOWN"
But hey, I was going to watch F1 Indy and NHRA anyway.

That was a commercial she did, and she did look good. The bit was about the online dating site, RacetotheAlter.com, which just might be fictional. :D

RacetotheAlter.com goes to godaddy.com. Bummer, as they should have bought and used it for a sponsor plug, game or something of the sort. Ya know one of those marketing type of things :)

Reading the title and first post in this thread I had no idea what the real topic or whom the topic individuals are/were. This happens often in this forum. Can we work on this as a community? In otherwords if you are going to post please tell the reader the relevant people involved. I think I've earned enough "Mater" cred to make this request. If not, bash me. :) Of course this isn't a media outlet so I should pipe down!!! ;)

Reading the title and first post in this thread I had no idea what the real topic or whom the topic individuals are/were. This happens often in this forum. Can we work on this as a community? In otherwords if you are going to post please tell the reader the relevant people involved. I think I've earned enough "Mater" cred to make this request. If not, bash me. :) Of course this isn't a media outlet so I should pipe down!!! ;)
I've got 75% of the threads covered. Just put any word in front of "sucks". Popular topics could include: NHRA, ESPN2, 1000', Compton, DSR, JFR, My DVR, The Big Show, Attendance, Racing today... just to name a few! Get creative! :p

The indy 500 got a higher rating then the Coke 600 so it was cool seeing a piece featuring one of our sports stars on it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back