Lots of questions -- and NO answers! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
No news on Clay's reported test in Evan's 4th TF team. Wild speculation on where DPR is headed. FC team that has been promised big bucks is still in the dark. Multicar PS team importing marketing/administrative talent from another series. Can't wait to see who shows up at Firebird next month!

Looks like Evan was having a blast and it was nice to see Rickie lay down a good number, 6.17 out his pro mod. Not bad for a NOS car.

edit - never mind... side of the car says Dyno Dave I think.

edit #2 - Dave Hedges maybe?

Last edited:
Yah, the "one-piece body" is just that, but it's an A/Fuel Spitzer chassis - check the underslung front wing.

Yah, the "one-piece body" is just that, but it's an A/Fuel Spitzer chassis - check the underslung front wing.

Larry - I'm sure you're correct, but the rear wing look like it is multi-element.
I thought TAD/AFD cars were restricted to a single element. Please feel free to correct me . . . this could be my first ever mistake - :rolleyes:

Definitly a single element font wing.. but it is realy low from the front nose likea F1 car.. saw one of those at rockingham during a test can't remeber whos car..???

Billy

They were sure shaking the tires out there.

main.php

main.php

I'm SO confused! The car in that photo clearly has a single element wing! 2007 Rule Book specs for TAD rear wing appear to be very close to TF.
Can't find 2006 Rule Book . . . have TAD's been running triple element wings for all of this year?

The Alcohol cars run a single element wing, as the want as little drag as possible. The A/FD's run a dual element Top Fuel style wing as their engines like the load to make power.

My recollection was that the TAD wing rules have a minimum amount of wing area (to ensure the BAD are safe) and a maximum win area (for the AFD), however, the maximum for the AFD's is less than the TF requirment.

Quite often you will see a TF wing with only two elements on a AFD.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back