Longest/shortest shut downs? (1 Viewer)

Appears they've marked the red line at 1100 ft. instead of 1320 ft. too.:rolleyes: So is that the wrong distance too?

Last edited:
I was surprised to see Firebird has the 2nd longest shutdown. For some reason I always thought that it was looked at as a shorter track, but according to this it's 2nd only to Gainesville and has a lot of desert after the end!

Last edited:
Seems to me the Brainerd shut down extends onto the road course...there was an alcohol funny car that went for a pretty long ride there last year....

Seems to me the Brainerd shut down extends onto the road course...there was an alcohol funny car that went for a pretty long ride there last year....

It does indeed extend onto the road course. In fact, the turn has a slight bank to it. I have seen several funny cars over the years make that turn when their chutes failed to deploy and they did so without a problem. Brainerd also has a fairly lengthy shutdown area so that helps too.

Thanks Joe (& DRO) for the link.
Very interesting.
I'm glad SIR, errr, Pacific Raceways is pretty long from the stripe to the "sand".
Problem is that there is NO sand and nothing after the "sand.
Plus it does start going down-hill 1/2 to 3/4 thru the shut-down area.
:eek:

Maybe one day they will aVAIL us of the true attendance numbers :D

Tom Compton says NHRA's market impact is nationwide, with racing venues in the top 37 top DMAs, a nine-month racing schedule, with an average of 125,000 spectators per event. "On ESPN2, we had 60 million viewers last year."

Source: MediaPost Jun 20, 2008

Tom Compton says NHRA's market impact is nationwide, with racing venues in the top 37 top DMAs, a nine-month racing schedule, with an average of 125,000 spectators per event. "On ESPN2, we had 60 million viewers last year."

Source: MediaPost Jun 20, 2008

Ever notice that since NHRA started running at Bruton tracks, they never announce attendance numbers??

Ever notice that since NHRA started running at Bruton tracks, they never announce attendance numbers??

I've been to literally hundreds of MLB baseball games and never once DIDN'T hear the attendance announced, even when it's pathetic. It's a formal part of an official box score. But I don't think I've ever once heard attendance numbers at an NHRA event. Hmmm...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back