Line Sees Positives Despite Premature Exit in Indy (1 Viewer)

After being one of the quickest and most consistent cars throughout qualifying, Jason Line and his Summit Racing team had lofty aspirations entering Monday’s final eliminations of the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, IN. Starting from the third position, the 2006 Pro Stock champion got off to a good start, posting the third-quickest elapsed time of the first round at 6.612-seconds to not only eliminate Ronnie Humphrey but also earn lane choice for his quarterfinal meeting with four-time sportsman champion Greg Stanfield.

Once again, Line made a representative run, covering the quarter-mile in 6.626-seconds at 208.71 mph. third-best among all second-round racers at O’Reilly Raceway Park. Unfortunately, his opponent was equally strong, posting a 6.627-second time, which, combined with his slight starting line advantage, allowed him to gain the narrow victory and put a premature end to the KB Racing driver’s Indianapolis weekend.

“Our performance today was not what we were looking for,” said Line. “I came into today with some high hopes, and really thought we would run better than we did, but we came up a little short. We were decent in qualifying, but our race day runs were not as good. I’m not sure what happened in the first round, but we were a little light in the second round and that cost us.

“Of course, I’ve had worse U.S. Nationals, and we can still draw a lot of positives from the weekend, so I’m not going to leave here completely disappointed. We just didn’t have enough to get the job done this weekend, so we’ll go back to work. We’re going to go test our Summit Racing Pontiac, make it better and be ready for Charlotte. We want to start winning again.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing ? High Performance Car and Truck Parts l Edelbrock, ACCEL, Moroso, K&N, MSD, Holley & More!.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back