Line Optimistic After Quarterfinal Finish in Bristol (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Event: 10th annual Thunder Valley NHRA Nationals
Day/Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010

Entering Sunday’s final eliminations of the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, Summit Racing Pro Stock driver Jason Line knew he faced an uphill battle in his pursuit of a second Bristol Dragway win. After qualifying 10th, he knew he would be relegated to the less-preferred right hand lane for his first round encounter against rookie Shane Gray. In addition, they would be racing in the worst conditions of the weekend, with the high heat and humidity robbing their race cars of valuable horsepower.

Fortunately, Line and his KB Racing crew were up to the challenge, combining a slight starting line advantage and a solid 6.741-second, 203.46 mph run to upset his higher-qualified opponent, who posted a 6.762-second, 204.11 mph pass in defeat. This set the stage for a second round meeting with defending Pro Stock champion Mike Edwards.

Racing once again in the right hand lane, Line duplicated his opening run, covering the quarter-mile in 6.748-second with a top speed of 203.98 mph, the second-quickest pass on that side of the track. Unfortunately, it was not enough to counter his rival’s 6.718-second run, which was the quickest pass of the weekend. Despite the disappointment at his premature exit, Line found reasons to be optimistic about his race team’s prospects as they left the Volunteer State.

“Although we didn’t make a particularly good run in the second round, it was a fairly decent pass for that right hand lane,” said Line. “It just wasn’t enough to get us to the semis. Even so, this Summit Racing team definitely made some good progress this weekend, with both Greg and I running much better than we did the last time it was this hot and humid.

“I’m also excited to have Tommy Utt on board, because I know he will be good for this team and for me in a lot of ways. The bottom line is that we didn’t have the type of finish we wanted here in Bristol, but I can honestly say I’m looking forward to going to Norwalk.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030. # # #

Attachments

• Jason_Line.jpg
    Jason_Line.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back