Line is Seventh after Day 1 in Pomona (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Due to local ordinances surrounding the Auto Club Raceway, qualifying in Pomona takes on a completely different look than at any other track on the NHRA circuit. As a result, the first day of the Auto Club Finals consisted of a single session on Thursday. Jason Line kicked off his qualifying effort with a solid 6.655-second, 208.62 mph pass, placing his Summit Racing Pontiac seventh among the 23 cars making an attempt.

However, having started in the Top Five in 19 of this season’s 23 races, Line immediately started looking for ways to improve his race car’s performance and better his standing for Sunday’s final eliminations.

“That was not the way I was looking to start my race weekend in Pomona,” said Line. “We had several issues on that run, including wheel standing and spinning the tires. Fortunately, that was only the first of our four attempts, so we can hopefully find out what’s wrong and fix it.

“The conditions should be about the same tomorrow, the track should be a little better, and we have the data from Greg’s run to look at, so we have everything we need. We may have our work cut out for us, but we know this car has the potential to run well, so I’m confident this Summit Racing team will do whatever it takes to get us back on track.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back