Lil John Lombardo Jr (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Over at DRO there's an article about Lil John's son John Jr. getting licensed in a TA/FC, a Camaro that's painted similar to Ron Capps FC. I think Randy Goodwin mentioned awhile back that Jr would be getting seat time in a FC. I watched his father win FC at Indy in I believe 1985, in one of Beadle's cars. This is pretty cool, I wish him luck.

Over at DRO there's an article about Lil John's son John Jr. getting licensed in a TA/FC, a Camaro that's painted similar to Ron Capps FC. I think Randy Goodwin mentioned awhile back that Jr would be getting seat time in a FC. I watched his father win FC at Indy in I believe 1985, in one of Beadle's cars. This is pretty cool, I wish him luck.

I remember Lil John when growing up in the 70's in Fullerton, Ca (Orange County), and attending races at OCIR, Lions, and Irwindale, until one by one they were all eventually closed. Lil John was one of the consistent locals that would usually be a threat to win. Then in the late 70's went on tour with his own car, and placed in the top ten at least once (4th), if not more.

He licensed in my car last year then we attended a couple events together. After a few outings we parted company.

When Ron Meer parked his operation the opportunity for Jr to purchase Ron's equipment presented itself.

I wish him all the best.

RG

I just saw a pic from a divisional race and it looks like Fred Hagen Jr is driving his dad's TAFC, so another 2nd gen driver is stepping up. Unless I'm wrong and the Fred that has been driving for years is a Junior.

Was up watching John run in Bakersfield last weekend and he did a GREAT job. He's in the best of equipment with the best people. This is basically the exact 2007 tuner and car combination that had so much success. He did an outstanding job, looks very comfortable in the seat and will be a big player in no time.... SUUUUPER, another bad ass alky funny car in California... just what we need! :eek:

SB

Would have to say John's program is pretty determined.

Could become a serious player, even in this most competitive West Coast TAFC world.

Let's hope he doesn't punish the sheet metal as badly as the last driver!

Or should that comment be diected to the TUNER?

Too-shay, Goodwin.

Remember when your driver won races and who that car's (now former) builder wuz?

I won't mention doing the finish work on yours and Greg's Top Gas car.

It had an affinity for the Famoso guardrail that embarassed ALL of us.

Last edited:
Too-shay, Goodwin.

Remember when your driver won races and who that car's (now former) builder wuz?

I won't mention doing the finish work on yours and Greg's Top Gas car.

It had an affinity for the Famoso guardrail that embarassed ALL of us.

Speaking of my current driver winning and driving in a car built by you, he's finding out how easy it is to let the clutch out in a TA/FC. He's made some pretty good laps but those .250 reaction times are a killer.

I think the last time I was at your shop was when Evan Rodrick dropped off what was left of my altered after he barrell rolled it 6 times on the El Paso International Motor Speedway concrete guardrailing in 1990. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy it from him for $500. I told him I wouldn't take $500 to haul it to the dump.

RG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back