Lights Out 10.0 (1 Viewer)

jgrigz

Nitro Member
I hate to show my ignorance on here but the only way to learn anything is to ask. I know that Lights Out 10.0 is an 1/8th mile racing series, but what is the term "lights out" referring to? What is the 10.0 in reference to? Tire size?

Thanks for educating me.

Jerry

Wild rumor has it a new class for front wheel drive, 4 cyl cars: 5 Wide. they only run to the 330, cuz they are, uh, slow.

Think, I am going to put YOUR LIGHTS OUT and 10 designates it is the 10th time this event has been . Donald was a racer in the beginning of 1/8th small tire radial racing. There were not many organized races and he put his 1st event together on a shoestring, but with a big payout. He now has 3 events a year, NO MERCY in the fall, meaning show NO MERCY, Lights out in February
and SWEET 16 in march which only has 2 classes, Top class RVW pays $101,000 to winner. 16 car qualified field, over 60 cars showed up to qualify for that race.

If you are any where near georgia, put it on your schedule to get there for at least a day. Some amazing 1/8 mile racing. Never thought I would like 1/8 mile racing being a 30 year NHRA member but been there twice and will probably be goung again and I live 800 miles away.

Think, I am going to put YOUR LIGHTS OUT and 10 designates it is the 10th time this event has been . Donald was a racer in the beginning of 1/8th small tire radial racing. There were not many organized races and he put his 1st event together on a shoestring, but with a big payout. He now has 3 events a year, NO MERCY in the fall, meaning show NO MERCY, Lights out in February
and SWEET 16 in march which only has 2 classes, Top class RVW pays $101,000 to winner. 16 car qualified field, over 60 cars showed up to qualify for that race.

If you are any where near georgia, put it on your schedule to get there for at least a day. Some amazing 1/8 mile racing. Never thought I would like 1/8 mile racing being a 30 year NHRA member but been there twice and will probably be goung again and I live 800 miles away.

Thanks a lot for clearing it all up for me.

Scoreboards are turned off. Computers are covered in the tower. For years they could not get street racers to run at the track because then everyone would know how fast their rides were and it would hurt getting any good money races. Now with lights out, many grudge racers are coming to the track. In fact, grudge is becoming huge. There are all grudge races now, that pack the tracks. This seems to be where all the new blood is coming into the sport.

I believe the name Lights Out is a shortened version of the original event name, which was Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia.
The event has never been a 'lights out' race as such, it's always had times.
In the first event in 2010 low ET in Radial vs The World was a 4.44. Crazy to think they have since knocked almost a full second off an eighth mile time slip.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back