Lee Shields passes... (1 Viewer)

jOkA!

Nitro Member
The father of Champion TAD driver Duane Shields passed this morning...

Lee was like a father to me.....and my heart has been ripped out of my chest right now....

Please keep Duane and the entire Shields racing family in your prayers.

I'm sorry but I cannot type right now.....Life is un fair is all I can say...

Kevin

Sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Lee.

I am just crushed to hear that. The whole Shields family have been absolutely great to me and my family over the years. My thoughts are with them right now. He will be missed.

Very sorry to hear about this. It sure has been a rough last couple weeks. I lost my Mom last friday the 26th. It just plain sucks right now.

Dave

Very sorry to hear about this. It sure has been a rough last couple weeks. I lost my Mom last friday the 26th. It just plain sucks right now.

Dave

Our prayers to Duane and his whole family (racing family included) They are a very close bunch!!!

Also, Dave, to you & your family as well. Let's all hope that the new year brings an end to so much struggle and sorrow for many and that renewed hope and faith step into everyone's immediate foresite.

Happy New Years Everyone!!

Nancy

Rip lee we had some great times when i was on kevin browns race team and when i helped duane a few races our thoughts and prayers are with duane tree pat and there familys scott

My thoughts are with Duane and Daves family.Almost losing my dad in Seattle really makes you realize how fast you can lose someone you love.Chin up Duane and Dave !!!

Wow! Such difficult news and such a tough time to suffer such a loss. To Duane, Tree and the entire Shields Racing family please know you are in our prayers. As much as you have given us all, it's the least we can do. Please accept our sincere condolences.

This is very sad news. I know Duane quite well and all of you are right. In fact, I honestly don't know of a nicer family in the sport of drag racing then the Shields. And that's saying a lot because there are a lot of good families in this sport especially in the alcohol classes. My prayers are with the Shields.

Duane was one of the nicest guys I met in the pits last year (Thanks David Smith for introducing me to a great guy) My thoughts and prayers go out to Duane and his family. And to Kevin thoughts with you too, and all associated with Duanes father.

And Dave sorry to hear about your loss too.

My thoughts are with you all.

Regards,

Michael

I remember the first time I met Tree, she came over to our pit and wanted to know all about our family and meet all of the team. She welcomed us into "the family" of alcohol racers. Soon after I met Lee and we became good racing buddies. We spent many a late night talking about the days racing events. Lee my friend....God's speed and Tree...we all love you so much and we're all here for you. I hope your bucket list well and hope you guys got to do all that was on it.

Duane......we know how hard it is to say good bye but you will find in time that Lee will always be with you.

We are all so sorry for your loss.

Luv you all,
Sheryl Strasburg and the boys

Last edited:
Here is the info for Lee Shields

Services will be at:
Christ the King Catholic Church
4925 S. Torrey Pines Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Friday Viewing 5pm - 6pm, vigal at 6pm
Saturday Funeral 10am (at church) with a celebration following at
Tree Shields House
7650 Red Coach
Las Vegas, NV 89129

Memorials may be made in his honor at either RFC or Nathan Adelson Hospice, 3391 N. Buffalo Drive, LV, NV 89129, Nathan Adelson Hospice.

Rest in peace Lee, thanks for all the stories and the advice on the paint work on duanes cars, it was allways fun to bench race with ya at the shop, you allways said it like you seen it, no politically correct crap, you will be missed by many but will always be remembered, God speed my friend

Duane, Tree and family would like to thank everyone for the prayers and the out pour of love shown to him and the family in these trying times.

Kevin

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back