Ledford scores another win in Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Ledford scores another win in Pittsburgh

NEW ALEXANDRIA, Pa. - Defending IHRA Division 3 Top Dragster Champion Jeff Ledford and his Rislone Engine Treatment backed team scored another win during day two of the Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Series event at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. Ledford defeated Jeff Brown for the win in a rematch of the Stanton, Mich., final three weeks ago, which Ledford also won.

Ledford, from Stanton, Mich., made it to the third round of the day one race. On Sunday, Ledford would not be denied. In the third round, he took out a redlighting Mark Matern with a 7.73 second elapsed time at 149.05 mph on his 7.64 dial-in (elapsed time prediction), then defeated Russell Leach in round four with a 7.647 at 171.65 mph on his 7.62 dial. Ledford then received a competition bye in the semifinals, where he ran an early-shutoff 7.759 to set up the final round rematch with Brown.

Ledford essentially took the win at the starting line, carding a .023 reaction time to Brown's tardy .055 light. From there, Ledford was able to 'tighten-up' Brown at the stripe with a 7.671 at 170.55 mph on his 7.64 dial to Brown's dead-on 7.410 at 183.74 mph on his 7.41 dial. Ledford's margin of victory was a mere .001 of a second.

"Our weekend started out pretty rough as we had to change a lifter Friday night," said Ledford. "During the Saturday race, we just ran the wrong guy in the wrong round and lost a close race. Everything went real well on Sunday. It was an out of division win for us that really helped us get back in the Top 4 of the Moser Shootout."

"Once again, we ran Jeff Brown in the final," Ledford continued. "He's really hot right now. I really didn't intend for what happened in the final to happen. I had a problem with the transbrake, so soon as I staged and hit the button, the car rocked back out of the beams. I don't know if that threw him off or not. I just jumped the car back in the beams as quick as I could. I was going down track knowing I probably wasn't going to run my dial since I was in deep. I started backing into him on the big end, which I almost overdid and took the win by .001 at the stripe. That was just lucky, I almost messed that up. I'll take lucky any day, though."

The former 1992 Top Dragster IHRA World Champ will continue his pursuit of this year's championship during this weekend's Mopar Canadian Nationals presented by Castrol at Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ont.

The flagship Rislone product is Rislone Engine Treatment. America 's best-selling engine treatment has been enhancing automobile engine performance for more than 85 years. Rislone Engine Treatment reduces friction & wear, quiets noisy lifters & valves, and removes & prevents sludge build-up. New Rislone products include: Rislone Compression Repair with Ring Seal, Rislone Oil Stabilizer with Engine Treatment, Rislone Transmission Stabilizer with Stop Slip and Rislone Power Steering Stabilizer with Stop Leak. Find out more at Bar's Products, Inc. - Premium Automotive Chemicals
Based in Holly , Mich. , Bar's Products is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company. For more information about any Bar's Leaks or Rislone products, visit Bar's Products, Inc. - Premium Automotive Chemicals

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back