Larry Morgan, the Prez (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Larry Morgan has become President of the ADRL, American Drag Racing League. Was somewhat surprised to read that. So, will he keep driving in Pro Mod? I'm also kinda wondering about ADRL. Just my 2 cents, but I wonder if they will stay viable or go down the drain again. Be interesting to see if they stay afloat. I feel good about PDRA, think that is a great organisation. Would like to see ADRL do the same.

If it wasn't for the NHRA cutting the TV cord to the World, I never would have discovered the PDRA, ADRL, Speed Video, Livestream and Bangshift et al.
Thank you all on behalf of drag racing fans disaffected by the actions of the NHRA.
Btw I had No Access last year and that was a real head......
I watched some All Access VOD's the other day that had been posted and nothing has changed. You can't hear the cars and the A/V Sync was so far out of whack I couldn't watch it.

How come the others can get it right. The PDRA from Indy this weekend is Heaven!

first thing Larry, as president should do, is get rid of 1/8th mile racing. What do they have to lose ?.. and maybe that'll draw more than 15 spectators per event !!

first thing Larry, as president should do, is get rid of 1/8th mile racing. What do they have to lose ?.. and maybe that'll draw more than 15 spectators per event !!
The first half of a drag race pass is much more entertaining than the second half. I was at Famosa a while back and took some time to watch the spectators. The burnout, staging process, the leave all has 100% attention. Once the cars got to half track, the vast majority of the fans were looking back at the starting area to see what's next. The top end is only of interest is someone is on fire or out of control. The showbiz aspect is all in the first 600 feet. Look at Worshim doing his deal at Borona where they run the fuelers to 330. You can't even get in the place.

Larry Morgan has become President of the ADRL, American Drag Racing League. Was somewhat surprised to read that. So, will he keep driving in Pro Mod? I'm also kinda wondering about ADRL. Just my 2 cents, but I wonder if they will stay viable or go down the drain again. Be interesting to see if they stay afloat. I feel good about PDRA, think that is a great organisation. Would like to see ADRL do the same.
Mr. Morgan has always been vocal about how to properly run a drag racing organization ... Guess he'll get his opportunity to either walk the walk or we'll find out it was just a lot of blustery talk.

He may realize it's not as easy as it looks from the other side of the fence. Maybe sooner than later.

yes 1/8th racing is more racer friendly, but as a spectator draw its struck out on every turn.
I went to some of the ADRL races years ago and they packed those places. I know those were free tickets but they definitely got people to come out and buy a lot of food and shirts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back