Larry morgan racing buell engines? (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
When Hector Arana was interviewed after winning the finals, he especially wanted to thank Larry Morgan. I am assuming Larry's shop at least did the heads. Anyone got any inside info?

When Hector Arana was interviewed after winning the finals, he especially wanted to thank Larry Morgan. I am assuming Larry's shop at least did the heads. Anyone got any inside info?

I noticed that as well. I assume that has something to do with the Lucas Oil sponsorship they both share. That caught me by surprise...

your right john , probably had to do with the lucas oil deal, BUT- if hectors bike had a pro stock hemi on it then id watch pro stock bike................................................................. for about a minute:D

your right john , probably had to do with the lucas oil deal, BUT- if hectors bike had a pro stock hemi on it then id watch pro stock bike................................................................. for about a minute:D

I'd watch it for about 3 seconds...'cause that's all it would take to make a pass. Otherwise...I'll stay with 4 wheels and 8 cylinders. ;)

Not positive it's 100% correct, but I heard he was refering to the "Racing" Lucas oil Larry has assisted in brewing up, supposed to be some new really good stuff. Must be slippery in Hectors bike the way it ran.

Not positive it's 100% correct, but I heard he was refering to the "Racing" Lucas oil Larry has assisted in brewing up, supposed to be some new really good stuff. Must be slippery in Hectors bike the way it ran.

I would sooner believe Larry found some "real" horsepower on the flow bench.

The guy that has done the porting and flow bench work is Trent Townsend. He has been doing Hectors cylinder heads for about 2 1/2 years now.
Trent started out at Reher-Morrison under the tutelage of Lee Shepherd, whom Trent calls to this day the smartest man in cylinder heads and engines ever!! He swears to this day if Lee were still alive they would be chasing him again.........lol.
Trent worked for us doing cylinder head r&d for our 360 and 410 sprint car engines until Larry lured him away from us about 5 years ago.
I'm really happy for him - Keep it up Trent!!!

Ah, John, you KNOW there could NEVER be nitrous associated with a Mopar Pro Stock program!:D

Oh that was not Nitrous!!! The distributor rotor broke and caused a backfire of never-before-seen fire out the hood scoop. How dare you accuse Alderman and Wayne County of any wrong doing, nonetheless a crime!!! He's a good ole boy from the South who could never do anything wrong...:mad: You're just a trouble maker Larsen!!!

By the way...I was referring to a bottle of Lucas Oil making a difference in power. They'll call that "marketing". We'd call it mechanically "impossible"! :D

The guy that has done the porting and flow bench work is Trent Townsend. He has been doing Hectors cylinder heads for about 2 1/2 years now.
Trent started out at Reher-Morrison under the tutelage of Lee Shepherd, whom Trent calls to this day the smartest man in cylinder heads and engines ever!! He swears to this day if Lee were still alive they would be chasing him again.........lol.
Trent worked for us doing cylinder head r&d for our 360 and 410 sprint car engines until Larry lured him away from us about 5 years ago.
I'm really happy for him - Keep it up Trent!!!

I guess that 'splains that!

Thanks Kelly!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back