Larry Dixon news... (1 Viewer)

GOOD FOR HIM......THOUGHT NHRA WAS A LITTLE HARSH........BUT........MAYBE I DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY.........I MEAN I COULD SEE A 1 YEAR SUSPENSION TO MAKE A STATEMENT.......

It sucks for Larry but I do understand where NHRA comes from. It’s an insurance issue for sure and if something were to happen to a passenger in that car they could be sued. Comparing his vehicle to a two seat supercomp car which is the Pure Speed experience isn’t even close. Sure something bad could happen but I think a nitro car has quite a bit more risk. A decade or so ago when Troy Critchley crashed his car into some spectators doing a burnout in his Pro Mod, he was sued along with his sponsors and NHRA. Not sure what ever became of the lawsuits but NHRA does need to protect themselves especially when they were not even involved in the accident at all. He had the NHRA sticker on his car which drug them into the lawsuit.

Count me as a Larry Dixon fan, I hope he does well. The suspension was too extreme.

I'm on NHRA's side with respect to banning the vehicle from NHRA affiliated tracks. Way too much risk there.

I do think they went overboard suspending Larry Dixon himself from competition. What he does as a part time business is of no relation to his on-track performance in an NHRA approved vehicle.

I'm inclined to agree with Dennis...... Let Larry do what he does with the two-seater at non-NHRA tracks and without their blessing, but don't ban him from regular NHRA competition.

DAVID / DENNIS........COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU AND I GUESS THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO SAY..........CLEARLY THIS STEMS FROM THE FRAME CERT ON THE TWO SEATER........SPANK HIM FOR THE TWO SEATER AND ALLOW HIM FOR NHRA COMPETITION........

Guys, are you reading the article? He IS eligible to compete in competition, only the two seater is banned.

MIKE......EVERYTHING I READ WHEN THIS HAPPENED WAS NHRA HAS BANNED HIM PERIOD.......I TRIED TO READ THE ARTICLE LINK ABOVE AND GOT NOTHING.........

Mike I'm just going by what is in the article, specifically this paragraph:

Dixon “has now been entirely deprived of his livelihood and sole source of income by this unjustifiable suspension—which is, in effect, a lifetime ban from NHRA—unless he relinquishes an investment of hundreds of thousands of dollars, as well as the future profits that he could derive from that investment,” according to the complaint.

It sounds like the ban was lifted with conditions, which is why I made my statement that what he does as a business venture should not impact his ability to be licensed and drive a certified car at NHRA national events.

Mike I'm just going by what is in the article, specifically this paragraph:

Dixon “has now been entirely deprived of his livelihood and sole source of income by this unjustifiable suspension—which is, in effect, a lifetime ban from NHRA—unless he relinquishes an investment of hundreds of thousands of dollars, as well as the future profits that he could derive from that investment,” according to the complaint.

It sounds like the ban was lifted with conditions, which is why I made my statement that what he does as a business venture should not impact his ability to be licensed and drive a certified car at NHRA national events.

You have to keep reading Dennis.....

After Dixon tried to initiate a “final appeal,” the complaint says, the NHRA in July 2018 declared “Mr. Dixon guilty of all charges, but with his suspension purportedly lifted for ‘time served'.”

However, the NHRA continued to ban the two-seater dragster from all its member tracks, with the complaint alleging that the organization contacted its member racetracks, sponsors and others instructing them not to do business with Dixon with respect to the two-seater.

I'm on NHRA's side with respect to banning the vehicle from NHRA affiliated tracks. Way too much risk there.

I do think they went overboard suspending Larry Dixon himself from competition. What he does as a part time business is of no relation to his on-track performance in an NHRA approved vehicle.
The whole problem was NHRA want to see car and plan, they were upbeat about then went behind his back, thank God those two aren't affiliated with

can someone clear something up for me. Does the NHRA underwrite the insurance on its sanctioned tracks, otherwise, why do they have a say on its day to day operation ?

can someone clear something up for me. Does the NHRA underwrite the insurance on its sanctioned tracks, otherwise, why do they have a say on its day to day operation ?

NHRA = Mafia control you do what we say or we shut you down one way or another.

Am I the only one to personally think that the NHRA wanted a cut of the fee that Larry charges for a ride and he refused leading to his blacklisting? Personally, for "liability" as long as you sign a waiver that you know you're being strapped into a car with an 11,000hp bomb of an engine behind you and that sh*t can happen that should be all that matters. Then again, you never know about ambulance chasers....

All the fine print torts won't mean shit if something happens and someone get hurt/killed. A lawyer will come out with the shotgun approach suing everyone insight. Requiring lots of$$$ just to defend even the innocent.

I hope he wins. This is just stupid NHRA being stupid again. I'm sure they didn't forget his World Series of Drag Racing decals on the side of his car either.

Too bad. All over an expired certification sticker someone forgot to peel off 🙁

Oh yeah and an overreaction by NHRA...a conversation could have fixed the issue at the time....too bad

Do hope he prevails. As long as they can sanction race tracks instead of just events, they can do this to anyone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back