Kenny Delco back in Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

Bullet

Nitro Member
I just read over at DRO that Kenny Delco is on the PS entry list for Norwalk, his first start in a decade or so.

It’s good to see him back behind the wheel. His brother AC has sponsored Kurt Johnson for a while now! ;) :p

I just read over at DRO that Kenny Delco is on the PS entry list for Norwalk, his first start in a decade or so.

It’s good to see him back behind the wheel. His brother AC has sponsored Kurt Johnson for a while now! ;) :p

Yep,AC is a good guy keepin KJ haulin butt.:D A little Australian humor there huh?:)

That's pretty cool...... Anytime a blast from the past comes up to run again it's a good deal.

If I recall.... Kenny might be the only driver to win P/S with a Pontiac Grand Prix. Gainesville.. probably 90 or 91.

That's pretty cool...... Anytime a blast from the past comes up to run again it's a good deal.

If I recall.... Kenny might be the only driver to win P/S with a Pontiac Grand Prix. Gainesville.. probably 90 or 91.

he beat Rickie Smith in the gainsville final in 1990

You thinkin' of Paul Rebeschi?

Paul and Kenny both drove almost identical Grand Prixs... I don't recall Paul ever winning. :confused:

I guess you're right.
Being a local guy (Connecticut) my "brain" remembers HIM winning. Some quick Internet research (you know how reliable THAT is) finds some chatter (on an Ausie Forum - Go Figger?) indicating Kenny Delco was driving Paul's car. Apparently, the car ended up in Oz.

Nonetheless, I did find a photo but, again, this doesn't coincide with MY memory of the car. I thought the blue paint was American Flag blue - not metallic.

Drag Racing Photos - 1990 Paul Rebeschi Grand Prix PS BracketTech Gallery

I guess you're right.
Being a local guy (Connecticut) my "brain" remembers HIM winning. Some quick Internet research (you know how reliable THAT is) finds some chatter (on an Ausie Forum - Go Figger?) indicating Kenny Delco was driving Paul's car. Apparently, the car ended up in Oz.

Nonetheless, I did find a photo but, again, this doesn't coincide with MY memory of the car. I thought the blue paint was American Flag blue - not metallic.

Drag Racing Photos - 1990 Paul Rebeschi Grand Prix PS BracketTech Gallery

The Pontiac Grand Prix which Kenny drove for Rebeschi (spl?) did end up in Oz and made some history too, Peter Ridgeway recorded Australia's first legal 7sec ET with it (small block 6.5lb/ci formula). I think he might have also won his first Australian Pro Stock Championship in it too. Nice car, later sold to Denis Whiting. Not sure where it is now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back