Keith Black back? (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was looking at qualifying results today on Drag Race Central, and saw this:

10 33 Tommy Johnson Jr., Avon IN, McKinney-KB 3.833 311.41 311.41

Does this mean Keith Black now has a forged block? And didn't the Rapisarda team get new parts before Beard and Dixon departed? If so, I would expect them to be running a TFX (or BAE) block.

Before the bankruptcy Chrysler was manufacturing parts sold under the KB name. Actually they were controlling the manufacturing that was being done by smaller subs. I think Chrysler controlled the name as well because KB parts were listed in the Mopar parts catalog. I do not know where that stands now but maybe TJ and the Resp's have some tie to Chrysler. Maybe Chrysler is trying to revive the KB name.

Keith Black have had a forged block for a few years now. They never completely went out of business they just slowed right down.

They were a bit late to the forged block business as NHRA told them they weren't going to make a forged block rule and then suddenly they did so they were not as prepared as the companies allready making forged blocks.

Before the bankruptcy Chrysler was manufacturing parts sold under the KB name. Actually they were controlling the manufacturing that was being done by smaller subs. I think Chrysler controlled the name as well because KB parts were listed in the Mopar parts catalog. I do not know where that stands now but maybe TJ and the Resp's have some tie to Chrysler. Maybe Chrysler is trying to revive the KB name.

I remember in a radio interview Keith Black racing engines stated they were making some 426 hemi parts for chrysler.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back