Just tossing this out: Would a 2nd Phoenix race work in the fall? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
I read Phoenix was sold out on Saturday, and that got me thinking: With the loss of several tracks, would a mid-October to early November window be a possibility for a 2nd Phoenix race?

They could do a season ending swing with Vegas/Phoenix (pick your order), and end at Pomona, maybe for the last 4-5 weeks of the season.

The weather is so unpredictable in October it would be hard to expect the same success. The 2011 race was moved to mid-October that year due to several circumstances and it was 100+ degrees all three days and spectator turnout was very light. We have honestly gotten very lucky with weather the last two years because it can easily be in the 90s here in late March and early April, in fact it's going to be in the 90s starting on Thursday.

If it was after say Vegas-2 and the Finals it would put it within a week or two of NASCAR at PIR and that would affect attendance. As much as I would love a second home race, I don't think it would work too well.

The weather is so unpredictable in October it would be hard to expect the same success. The 2011 race was moved to mid-October that year due to several circumstances and it was 100+ degrees all three days and spectator turnout was very light. We have honestly gotten very lucky with weather the last two years because it can easily be in the 90s here in late March and early April, in fact it's going to be in the 90s starting on Thursday.

If it was after say Vegas-2 and the Finals it would put it within a week or two of NASCAR at PIR and that would affect attendance. As much as I would love a second home race, I don't think it would work too well.
Yes, that is monsoon season in Arizona. We get spectacular thunderstorms that just come rolling up out of nowhere with lightning like you've never seen. However, that is toward the end of monsoon season, it could work.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back