Just got my NHRA Holiday Catalogue (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
I dont remember getting one of these in the past, I find it odd that the only team items you can buy are Kenny Bernsteins Monster items.
I went to NHRA.com and found again that Kenny items are there, and 1 item for Rod Fuller. I wonder why with the strict rules they have in merchandising for the teams, they dont take the time to ad them into thier sales plan. Theres no info on ticket sales, schedule, or mention of the count down either (in the catalogue).

Last edited:
I've always wondered that too, like if you go on to nitromall.com, you have about 10 items to choose from. Yes, they have some curious marketing strategies.

Years back when Al Hoffman was still running a friend went to a race and wanted a tee shirt. He searched all over for one and finally asked where he could find one. The woman told him that because Al did not have a major sponsor at the time that NHRA would not see his tee shirts. I am sure some of those odd rules still apply.

Myself, PJ, and I'm sure plenty of others believe that one thing that NHRA should have is one web site, where you can purchase all your favorite driver's merchandise, a la NASCAR. Obviously it would benefit all parties involved, the racers get their cut, rest assured NHRA gets theirs, and fans could go to one place to buy it all. Sure would make it easier when requesting gifts.

When it comes to merchandising, it's not just the NHRA Nitro Mall that irritates me. How come the Don Schumacher Racing merchandise trailer has a much better selection of t-shirts than the online store? I have seen so many really cool items at the trailer that I have never seen online; there is only so much schwag that I can afford to buy at the racetrack; I would love the opportunity to buy those same items online. Where are all the kids-sized Scelzi/Capps/Beckman/Tony Shoe t-shirts on the website? What about all of the other cool t-shirts that they sell at the trailer? They have a great selection at the trailer; why not sell those same t-shirts online? I'm not picking on DSR; most other organizations are far worse in that department. John Force Racing is probably the best in that department; however, JFR still takes a month or two after the season starts before they offer most of their new t-shirts on their website.

I agree Kevin. I think they should get on the NAPA thing, personally. I hate that I will have to wait until the Baytown race to get a new hat. Actually, I already have a generic NAPA hat.....and a Waltrip NAPA hat. BUT, it's not the same as being able to wear a Ron Capps NAPA hat. Oh, and I'll need a new window sticker. :p

I agree Kevin. I think they should get on the NAPA thing, personally. I hate that I will have to wait until the Baytown race to get a new hat. Actually, I already have a generic NAPA hat.....and a Waltrip NAPA hat. BUT, it's not the same as being able to wear a Ron Capps NAPA hat. Oh, and I'll need a new window sticker. :p

I agree with you guys that the nitromall is horrible.

But hey Kelly, the 'Yota's going to look great after Houston with that ole' Castrol sticker on it!

I wanted a Monster clock, one that they sold on the trailer at Firebird when the "traveling show" was here, but I missed buying one before the trailer closed. I called Nitromall online or whatever its called and it took awhile on the phone for them to find it, but they did, and I bought it.
I believe you can buy anything you see in a teams trailer IF you can identify it good enough thru NMall, but the time it would take to put those items up and help out the teams wouldnt take long at all. The catalogue is a waste of thier money IMHO.
Since the NHRA cant pay bigger purses, it would sure be nice of them to allow the teams to sell whatever they want, when they want and pick up some extra cash. Maybe that would be a good subject in a letter campagne to the NHRA and remind them, not all the teams have mega bucks to blow.

Since the NHRA cant pay bigger purses, it

I believe the word is "won't", not can't. :D

Just a comment on the catalog I also received recently. I haven't been to a race in many years because of arthritis. I CANNOT believe the prices of, let's say, a jacket! Has to be at least a 200% mark up of the value.

Un-be-freaking-lievable!

They should be able to afford to up the purses, just on the profits from merchandise sales ! ;)

I thought someone brought something like this up before. I think they said something about having a way for family members to easily get a Christmas gift or whatever for someone.
Even if the Nitromall online didn't have it, but linked back to JFR or DSR or whoever. I do think if NHRA was able to do this all the way like others (haven't looked at NASCAR for shopping too much), they would see a huge increase in sales.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back