John Force and St. Louis (1 Viewer)

Great story Bobby, thanks for posting. I'm originally from St. Louis, moved to Tampa in 1995. I used to go to Gateway when it was an IHRA track and wasn't the best of facilities :) I haven't been back to Gateway IR since I left St. Louis, but will be there for qualifying on Saturday with several newbs (family/friends) with me :cool: I can't wait to see the looks on their faces at the first throttle whack, burnout and hit when the tree goes green!

That was a terrific story.

So often, folks forget that heros (whether John Force, Rush Limbaugh, or Sam Walton) didn't spring-from-the-shell fully grown and heroic.

I love those kinds of stories - Inspiration to ALL of us - especially small business-people trying to "make another payroll".:)

Rush Limbaugh....AYFKM!?:mad:

Not a John Force fan, but I have honest respect and admiration for what he has been able to accomplish.

Last edited:
Rush Limbaugh....AYFKM!?:mad:

Not a John Force fan, but I have honest respect and admiration for what he has been able to accomplish.

I about fell off my stool when I read that too.....lol

a hero? it's bad enough when they pin that moniker on sports stars, let-alone a windbag drug addict that lies more than he breathes....sheesh...that guy is a straight-out cigar smoking carbuncle of the highest order

sorry Jim, but you make a list of "heros" like that, and it makes me think you live in a bubble.

Whether you consider Rush a hero or not (I don't really care - and I don't want to turn this thread political), Rush has a great story (Read the recent biography by ?Chafitz).

The point is, there was a time when all these fellows (Walton, Limbaugh, and Force and so many actors and musical giants) were "bumming gas money" to follow their dream - If that kind of story doesn't inspire you, that's your loss.:rolleyes:

a hero? it's bad enough when they pin that moniker on sports stars, let-alone a windbag drug addict that lies more than he breathes....sheesh...that guy is a straight-out cigar smoking carbuncle of the highest order

sorry Jim, but you make a list of "heros" like that, and it makes me think you live in a bubble.

Whether you consider Rush a hero or not (I don't really care - and I don't want to turn this thread political), Rush has a great story (Read the recent biography by ?Chafitz) :

What, that he was a failed baseball guy who became a hack radio windbag hypocrite? Great story.

I'll take Forces story.

I suppose we all live in bubbles Kevin, but I would recommend you do some research on your own before tagging labels on individuals. This thread was meant for a topic entirely different.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back