Jim Yates Gone from Krisher (1 Viewer)

Why doesn't this surprise me?

Jim and family have a completely different approach to running a PS car than others, which I learned through a close firend who worked with them. Anyone who truly knows the Yates' respects the hell out of them for how they conduct themselves while at the track and how they have their nightly pow-wows after dinner to determine setups...

No disrespect to anyone, just stating a fact; if Krisher made a change due to performance of his car, he need look no further than the driver!

Last edited:
Not trying to be mean, but it seems to me the problem is the driver and not the car. Plenty of Edward's horsepower, but usually driver red lights or is late... Put Jim in the car.

I understand the logic of those who say put Jim in the car, but you may be missing the bigger picture. Maybe Ron doesn't want to do this unless he can drive, and that is why he works so hard and spends so much money. I can promise you, that if I was in his position, I would walk away rather than put someone else in my car. I am not, and will never be, interested in being an owner (good thing, too, because I am broke!) and for all we know, Ron may feel the same way. I have helped friends at the track and it tears me up, because my car is broken and I am not racing. I can not imagine the torment of having to watch my car go down the track with someone else in it while I had the resources to drive it myself....

Not trying to be mean, but it seems to me the problem is the driver and not the car. Plenty of Edward's horsepower, but usually driver red lights or is late... Put Jim in the car.

Here we go again. Ron Krisher pays the tab just as WJ does and when they decide to get out of the car,they will. If it was all about leaving and there is a difference between leaving and driving,Dave Connolly wouldn't be standing on the starting line watching EE go down the track. Does anybody think that The Greek would get out of the car for a "leaver",hell no,he's having fun just as WJ & Krisher are. Remember the Golden Rule,the ones with the Gold make the rules.:D

Here we go again. Ron Krisher pays the tab just as WJ does and when they decide to get out of the car,they will. If it was all about leaving and there is a difference between leaving and driving,Dave Connolly wouldn't be standing on the starting line watching EE go down the track. Does anybody think that The Greek would get out of the car for a "leaver",hell no,he's having fun just as WJ & Krisher are. Remember the Golden Rule,the ones with the Gold make the rules.:D

I agree with you, but too many are not reading between the lines, I like Krisher, I love WJ, they wanna race because they love it let them race. The point to read between the lines is that I don't think people are really saying get WJ and Krisher out cause there too old and can't compete, people are really saying, "if they want a championship bid, either get out and hire someone or dont expect to contend"

I have all respect in the world for WJ, Krisher, or AJ, and I love seeing them out their, but....

Do I think they would be contenders with a different driver doing the tree leaving? Krisher? YES. AJ? YES WJ? lights are not the major problem, it's the HP. Look at Line, look at V. Gaines, they were awful, Line completely turned around as V did too. Jason Line is the only pro-stock racer I could think of that could lose on 12 holeshots and win the championship like he did in 2005. I hate to say it, but the same thing with Edwards, he is getting better, but like GA the motor bought him alot of win lights

"if they want a championship bid, either get out and hire someone or dont expect to contend"

I think you'll find that this sentence pretty much sums it up. He's obviously got the dollars to play at this level and one thing about it, you never hear him talking left and right about the prospect of winning a championship, so let him play.

If nothing else, the guys (and gal) at the top are probably glad it's the way it is. Otherwise, there would be another team to divide the Wally's with.

Sean D

if i hadn't picked a. johnson in 'pick the winners' for denver, krisher was
a close 2nd.......he put it all together up there a few years ago.
don't count him out.

if i hadn't picked a. johnson in 'pick the winners' for denver, krisher was
a close 2nd.......he put it all together up there a few years ago.
don't count him out.

Yea, but AJ OWNS Denver. He has one hell of a tuneup. The V-Rod's always are exceptional too

Hope Yates has founf something else,always nice to see the family out at the drags!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back