JFR on Twitter (1 Viewer)

Horsepower & Heels

Nitro Member
This is pretty cool. JFR is now on twitter. Makes it really easy to follow how they are doing in real time (well, if they stick to updating it in real time)
Twitter / JFR_Racing

To those who don't use twitter, its actually a cool network. You can update it via text messages on your mobile and you can choose to specifically follow certain people and have it update you via text message as well.

And if you want to make extra friends, mine is Twitter / HorsepowerHeels

Last edited:
Thanks, Erica. Twitter is an incredibly simple and powerful tool that exists solely for the principle of broadcasting "what are you doing right now" in the size of a text message to those who are interested. I was skeptical at first, but I kept hearing more about the site in all corners of the Internet.

I just started a twitter profile last week at Twitter / BrandonMWelch to post updates on our ongoing work building our new nitro funny car built by Ron Williams at Victory Race Cars, and just posts about daily life trying to make it to the big show.

I had trouble finding other drag racers to follow, so I'm glad you're on there. I think JFR's updates should be interesting as well.

>Brandon Welch

Well, online texting is not exactly accurate, but that's the basic idea. More like online mass texting with some other cool features. With the right tools you can find other people with similar interests that may have something interesting to say. It's just another way to be social while you are sitting in front of your PC being anti-social!!

It is fun though. It took me a while to finally give it a chance, but it really is cooler than it seems on the surface. It's a great way to connect with fans/customers too.

There are so many out-of-the-box uses for it that you can't see at first look.

Just think...
  • live updates from the track that post directly to your website (via the little badges that you can put anywhere) with run times.
  • Contests with your sponsors
  • Another way to communicate news releases
  • Ways to interact with your fans

ALSO.... some more racers on Twitter:

Twitter / TerryMcMillen
Twitter / matthaganracing

Last edited:
In case people don't know it would be helpful if people posting things from the races would use hash tags. For example, if you put #nhra in your posts there are tools and programs that will make it easier to follow all the nhra news.

Just think...
[*]live updates from the track that post directly to your website (via the little badges that you can put anywhere) with run times.

Big time on that one....I actually think it could fill the void from the loss of the Icard...now that would be neat!

oh ya...and how about a Wi-Fi signal at the track for us who use the ipod touch!

Just think...
  • live updates from the track that post directly to your website (via the little badges that you can put anywhere) with run times.
  • Contests with your sponsors
  • Another way to communicate news releases
  • Ways to interact with your fans

ALSO.... some more racers on Twitter:

Twitter / TerryMcMillen
Twitter / matthaganracing

Don't forget pictures from the races uploaded to twitpic.com and other sites.

And thanks for the follow Erica!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back