JFR at Firebird Saturday (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Saw four chassis undergoing final assembly - didn't appear that there was any intention of making a run today. Crewmember was grinding on something inside John's body for quite awhile - metal particles on the ground. John and Robert were signing autographs - I did not see Ashley or Mike.
And . . . from what I saw (my observations only) John looks very tired and is having difficulty walking. Before I left at 6:30, he pulled up to the line on his scooter (in his driving suit), was shaking his left leg and then sat down on the wall.

I sincerely hope that everyone involved makes absolutely certain that John is ready for this. He has nothing to prove to anyone - IMHO, leave Phil in the car until John is 100%.

While it is important for Johnny to be well, only he knows when he is ready. I agree that he has nothing more to prove as far as wins, championships, and records; but I think he still has something to prove to himself. He will be OK and you can bet that his team will not send him down the track until they are sure he's ready. Some may not remember that Shirley was not fully 100% recovered when she made her comeback after her accident. She was still in a lot of pain when she showed up at Phoenix and later Pomona. John and Shirley are both very tough people. Shirley made it and so will John, just wait.

Dave

I agree with Jim. While there are fans and sponsors to keep happy there's ne sense in rushing back. Everyone is on the same page with the great one and should understand if he's not ready to go yet.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back