Jet car crash, very lucky. (1 Viewer)

In that head on view you can see sparks coming out the back after half track. I wonder if part of a frame rail broke and the parachute sealed the deal.

For as high speed as that crash was I'd say he had about as gentle of an impact and crash as you could possibly have. Glad he's ok. Scary stuff!

I saw a jet crash at Wild Horse in Phoenix, when it was known as Firebird. The dragster went over the guard rail (cement) but the driver was OK. My biggest fear was a fire or fuel coming out of the car that would hit the grandstand. Long time ago, so I'm spacing who the driver was. It scared me, had never seen a jet crash before. One thing about the crash in Australia, the chassis din't break in half or the engine get loose. Car looked pretty much intact after he got out.

No kidding! Frame failure? I've never seen one do that while under power.
That was at the Kwinana Motorplex, just south of Perth. No answers yet, but the local dumb press reported it as 'hitting the brake wall', ????
Yeah right hit the wall to stop the car. No decision yet on if they will rebuild it, but it was his best pass.
Great Air at the plex as it's at sea level.

That was at the Kwinana Motorplex, just south of Perth. No answers yet, but the local dumb press reported it as 'hitting the brake wall', ????
Yeah right hit the wall to stop the car. No decision yet on if they will rebuild it, but it was his best pass.
Great Air at the plex as it's at sea level.

These were the conditions in the evening. Track temp was 71. At one stage the DA dropped to a 144

Attachments

• IMG_9813.JPG
    IMG_9813.JPG
    754.9 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back