Jeff Perley at Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
He was helping out the Mitsos team in Comp. Vinnie must have broken his motor, but Dave Beckley flew in the A/AA car. I know that the Mitsos family has a chain of Goodyear Tire Stores (Mountain View Tires and if you live in the LA area and need tires, please support some great drag racers) and Jeff is just starting out with his shop, so maybe Nick was trading some business advice for some racing advice. If so, it's a win-win deal for both.

Last edited:
When i heard the announcer state that Perley was their with the Mountain View Tire team, I thought, now there's a guy that can get a 6.50 car down this track... Good for Jeff!

Beckley runs the second car in A/AA, and went (I believe) a 6.59, the quickest ever, and almost as quick as teammate Vinny's A/A (clutch car) usually runs. Those Vettes are a couple of wild machines. As I've mentioned before, my dad was the A/A record holder back in 1970 (163 mph, I think a good 1/8 mi. speed now!), so I have a soft spot for Comp eliminator and altereds in particular. I was glad to see Alan Ellis win the whole deal with his '23T A/AA. Congrats!

I saw Jeff on the starting line on Friday and said to him "You weren't gone long!" and he replied "It's only for the weekend".

He is about 4 weeks away from opening his store and he is training in California with the Mountainview tire guys, so he went to Phoenix with them to give them a hand for the weekend.

I noticed Deceglie went 6.48 this weekend in Phoenix. Gotta be the first A/A in the 40s, no?

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Mountainview Tire guys are not on the Gators entry list....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back