Janis Ready For a Change (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Elma, NY – There's two ways to look at "change". You can feel that the thought of making a change is so intimidating that you do nothing or settle for less simply because you are so afraid of that change or, you can look at each step, good or bad, as a learning experience and approach the change as a challenge. Mike Janis Racing and the crew atJan-Cen Racing Engines are up for a challenge.

The 2009 season will be Janis' first full season running with the American Drag Racing League (ADRL). Janis' Dan Page Built 67 Cynergy bodied Firebird will compete in the ultra competitive Pro Extreme (PX) class. Over the past decade Janis' Pro Modified accomplishments have made the Lancaster, NY native one of the legends of the class.Multiple performance awards as well as winning two series titles (four if you take out the bonus attendance points) and 19 career wins have placed Janis second on the all-time pro mod win list. Now it's time for a new challenge.

Converting from a high helix supercharged application to a screw compressor assisted engine will be the largest hurdle for the Elma, NY based team. "We'll be out of our comfort zone for sure," said Mike Janis. "There's bound to be some growing pains but I'm very confident in my teams abilities. We've built many screw engines for our customers (at Jan-Cen Racing Engines) and we also have a very goodtune up. We have extensive knowledge of supercharging and have taken the conventional high helix design to new levels and we will continue our work there but I feel some of that knowledge from the high helix will transfer over to the screw. We feel that there are gains to be made within the conventional compressor design. I'm hoping our drive and knowledge in this area can put us in the hunt fairly quick."

Crew chief Mike Janis Jr. feels the ADRL is the right fit for Mike Janis Racing in 2009 partly because of ADRL president Kenny Nowling. "What Kenny (Nowling) has accomplished in such a short time is very impressive", said Mike Janis Jr. "To be honest with the way things are going in our sport right now I'm glad that people like Kenny are part of it. He took a big chance a few years ago starting the ADRL. It's done nothing but grow and it's quickly become the premier place for fast doorslammers. We're looking forward to running against all the great Pro Extreme competitors and I can't wait to make a run at the National Guard/Flowmaster championship."

Attachments

• Janis.jpg
    Janis.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 841
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back