Jackson Racing Ends Season where it began (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Centre Pointe/FireIce.com Team Hopes Results Are the Same

Pomona, Calif. – When the Santa Clarita, Calif. based Rick Jackson Racing Top Alcohol Funny Car team last visited historic Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, they captured the first NHRA National Event Wally awarded for the 2009 season. As the team visits the NHRA Auto Club World Finals this weekend the opportunity to pull off the season Pomona sweep is their goal. And based on previous performance their goal is also a distinct possibility.
Tony Bartone, who debuted as the driver of Jackson’s potent Mustang Funny Car at the season opening Winternationals, believes his Steve Boggs tuned car is ready to run well. “We’ve been creeping up on this tune up all season and I believe our car is running in that sweet spot where we can get down any track,” noted Bartone.

“Over the past few events, we’ve been in the top 4 in average elapsed time during the event. If we can squeeze just a taste more out of this car, I’m sure you’ll find this Centre Pointe Collision Center/FireIce.com team hoisting the little gold guy on Sunday evening. I’d like nothing more than to repeat here at Pomona.”

Bartone and Boggs know a thing or two about winning that ‘little gold guy’. Over a period of 15 years, the pair have captured NHRA National Event ‘Wally’s’ twenty nine-times. So far in the 2009 NHRA season, the Jackson Racing team has brought home three total victories, including winning the NHRA Summitracing.com Nationals in Las Vegas and the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event held in Belle Rose, La. But, the team also knows their competition this weekend will be gunning for them.

“When you’re the team who won the last event at a race track, everybody is looking to knock you off your perch,” noted team owner Rick Jackson. “It’s a role our boys actually enjoy. We usually do well when we are pressured. I am confident the boys want to head into the off season on a winning note.”
The Centre Pointe Collision Center/FireIce.com Funny Car began their quest for a Pomona victory today in their first qualifying effort. A conservative 5.65 second elapsed time is good enough for the number 3 qualified position. They will have two more attempts at qualifying tomorrow before final eliminations which will commence on Saturday afternoon. The event and 2009 season will conclude on Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back