Jack Beckman to replace Whit Bazemore at DSR (1 Viewer)

i dont always agree with what whit says a lot of times, but i feel for him, personally i think he got hosed here. hopefully hell catch on in a killer ride for next year. my moneys on him with the same sponsor only in a long car.

This is why I hate Dark Side Racing. Yeah, I know it's a freakin business, but that is a real skeevatzo move by Don. I don't even like Whit all that much, but I feel bad for him. He's being a gentleman about the situation, saying that's okay, I'll take some time off, yada yada. I really hope some team owner snatches him up real quick, because even tho I'm not a huge fan, I have to admit he's a taleny behind the wheel, and a firecracker in front of the camera!

And just for the recoed, I wish no ill will towards Fast Jack. I like the guy a lot, and I applaud him on surviving and thriving after cancer. I wish him nothing but the best!

Way to go Jack.Jack is a racers racer for sure! Now DSR has 3 great racing personalities in FC.Heck i might even buy that new Battery charger I was lookin at now.

Way to go Jack.Jack is a racers racer for sure! Now DSR has 3 great racing personalities in FC.Heck i might even buy that new Battery charger I was lookin at now.

define "the racers racer". sounds like a load of crap to me!. all you hear is how he beat cancer. o.k. thats great that he did , but is this why people think he walks on water. if he is such a great driver ,then tell me why HE doesn't have any victories from driving dexter tuttles car. J.R.Todd had 2. sounds to me like this whole deal was going on behind whits back for some time. get the car running good and then put someone else in the seat because he has a friend with money. if jack would have been driving the first part of the year when the team was strugling people would have doubted jacks ability, but now that the car is a continder lets push whit to the side. :mad:

define "the racers racer". sounds like a load of crap to me!. all you hear is how he beat cancer. o.k. thats great that he did , but is this why people think he walks on water. if he is such a great driver ,then tell me why HE doesn't have any victories from driving dexter tuttles car. J.R.Todd had 2. sounds to me like this whole deal was going on behind whits back for some time. get the car running good and then put someone else in the seat because he has a friend with money. if jack would have been driving the first part of the year when the team was strugling people would have doubted jacks ability, but now that the car is a continder lets push whit to the side. :mad:

Well said Bruce! I can not agree more. The whole scenario is sketchy. I know sometimes the business world is cutthroat, but I think this could have been prevented or done in a tasteful manor. IE- Whit is a fan favorite and field a 5th FC for Beckman and let Whit finish out the year in the Matco car.

I think a Nitro FC is the only thing he hasn't driven.He wins in almost everything he drives. He races Super comp(world Champ).He bracket races,he races a CIFCA funny ca,ETC.ETCHeck he even gets PAID to teach people how to do it! And is pretty friendly guy to boot.Never looks down on anyone at any race.And wins in almost everything he drives.He probably has more laps down a drag strip in more different combos than most people here put together.He is a racers racer.

The only two cars in the Evil Empire that I rooted for were Tony's Top Fuel car and Whit's funny car. With this latest B.S. (stating one day that there were no problems and Whit was his driver if he could come up with sponsorship for next year) and now dropping him like he has the plague ?

I have lost all respect for the man and will not believe a word that comes out of his mouth ever again.

You think I laugh my ass off now when his pro stock cars don't qualify and cry baby redlights on the bike ? Just wait until Whit lines up against their teams next year.

i wander if anybody else knows about beckmans attempt to drive an alcohol funny car. i heard from a reliable source that on the first run that he tried to pedal through tire shake , and drove it full throttle, head on into the wall, distroying it. the owner of the car lost everything. :eek: driving a dragster is a far cry from a funny car. the funny thing about getting a license is you just need to make a couple of clean runs. nobody can predict what a car will do on a bad run. we will see if he can hold on to it during a run like the semi's at indy between jim head and whit bazemore.

The sooner the better!

The sooner everyone figures out Don runs his camp like a business and not a drag racing compound, the better.

The sooner everyone figures out to root for your favorite driver/crew, irrespective of who they are "enslaved" under, the better.

The sooner everyone figures out you can be a fan of someone and not like everyone else in their team/camp, the better.

The sooner everyone figures out that nobody really cares to hear about what you whine about, the better.

:)

Bruce, what is your issue with Jack. You are not serving yourself well buy running a guy down like you are. When you only have negative crap to say, and when it is from "a good source", it doesn't paint a good picture of you.

The fact of the matter is Jack has busted his ass to go racing. He has made the sacrifices to go racing, he has worked at building a network on the business side to do it, and now he has his shot. Now if you don't like the way things have fell into place by the way Shoe is running his operation, then say so, but don't throw Jack under the truck in the process.

You might want to do yourself a favor and go meet up with Jack and get to know the guy you are running down; you might find yourself retracting much of how you feel.

I'm not going to say that this situation isn't awkward, or that it doesn't look good. But the fact is this, the activity is business, and the racing is just incidental. In business you will have good things and bad things happen. Decisions can be made and they either look great, or they look bad. But the fact is, this is business first, racing second.

I would imagine that anyone that is in Jack's position would be doing the same thing. When an oportunity comes up, you get in on it. Don't fault Jack because a company is backing him and helping him land a full time ride. We would all like the same. And the fact is this, Jack is more like the Rod Fuller's, where he isn't from the lucky sperm club, and wasn't shot in the ass with diamonds.

And while we are at it, lets have a little history review. Remember when Dean Skuza was sponsored by Matco? Remember when Whit was struggling to stay out there and had a deal to drive for Chuck Etchels? Whit had a relationship with the folks at Matco, and they were an associate supporter when he was driving for Chuck. When Shoe decided to add a funny car to his operation, the matco deal ended with Skuza, went to Shoe, and because of the relationship Whit had with Matco, it put him in the running as the driver, and the seat became his. And in the process, Skuza was left looking for another deal.

This is business, and deals come and go.

Not knowing all the details, I can't really understand the deal. It just seems like DSR is not a very secure place to work right now. Maybe Don S. needs to take a step back and re-evaluate the size of his program. It seems like running more than two cars in a class is not as easy as we'd all like to think.
Just look at Kalitta and Force. And running just one pro stock is alot more than even the best can handle.

P.S. I'd really like to see Whit run a second funny car at Snake Racing.

This news sucks. I understand business and all, but I feel horrible about the way this went down. Whit should have been able to finish out the season. Guess we shall see how it all shakes out for next season, but Whit will always have a fan in me no matter what he drives or for whom. :D

like some others on this thread i am not a big whit fan, but i think this sucks! if this is the way to get a ride now days , when i win the lotto i am going to buy me a ride on DSR or JFR or better yet put a 2 car team togather with whit and skuza . now that would be a hell of a deal! mikey

i wander if anybody else knows about beckmans attempt to drive an alcohol funny car. i heard from a reliable source that on the first run that he tried to pedal through tire shake , and drove it full throttle, head on into the wall, distroying it. the owner of the car lost everything. :eek: driving a dragster is a far cry from a funny car. the funny thing about getting a license is you just need to make a couple of clean runs. nobody can predict what a car will do on a bad run. we will see if he can hold on to it during a run like the semi's at indy between jim head and whit bazemore.

Wow. Do we really want to dig up old rumor bones? The ones I heard about Whit Bazemore but have always kept my mouth shut about have to do with parts missing from a previous employer and someone leaving in the middle of the night. The person I heard it from (and know very well) says it came to them directly from the owners. I'd rather lose more parts via driving mistakes than fewer through thievery. If anyone sees the need to delete this post I'd only ask that you delete both of these.

Yeah, they left out driving in CIFCA in his list of accomplishments at the beginning of this thread. I do believe that's an "alcohol funny car."

I've never met Jack, but from everything I've seen of him he seems like a nice guy who doesn't go around personally disrespecting people. I don't think you'll see him on probation or getting punched in the mouth by operation-mates anytime soon. Or is the ugly only supposed to go one way here? I don't see anyone suggesting that this is the culmination of all the incidents caused by Mr. Bazemore over the last few years.

Last edited:
No it hasn't... people are just hot under the collar. Let's be respectful people.

Guys let's keep this thread on track. There's no need to throw anyone under the bus. Quoting unknown sources on this & that to purposely or in retaliation make someone (Whit or Jack) look bad needs to stop right here please.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back