Infineon Raceway issues challenge to Maple Grove Raceway (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Doesn't this seem really silly now that the Keystones is being moved to hot, muggy August? Infineon gets that dry, crisp western air every year. Meanwhile, even though temperatures haven't been too bad in August, warm, muggy weather would easily happen which would prevent Maple Grove Raceway from even coming close to challenging for Low E.T. supremacy. Will the trees around the track make that much of a difference? It seems like George Case should wait until he's had atleast one August national event under his belt before he takes this wager.
P.S. Don't forget Old Bridge Township Raceway Park had the quickest field for a bit as well!

Makes no sense to break up the much anticipated western swing!:eek:

New schedule: Seattle, then Maple Grove, and the Infineon.

Better have that fuel card ready.

Nope - Sonoma is July 27-29 part of Western Swing as always.
Maple Grove is August 16-19, one week after Brainerd.

Infineon gets that dry, crisp western air every year.
Apparently you've never been to SEARS POINT for a race !!!
I've NEVER seen dry,crisp air at the POINT for a national race !!
I have seen lots of 100+ degree days with people suffering from the HEAT !!
They ought to run the motor scooters on the road couse anyway....:->

Apparently you've never been to SEARS POINT for a race !!!
I've NEVER seen dry,crisp air at the POINT for a national race !!
I have seen lots of 100+ degree days with people suffering from the HEAT !!
They ought to run the motor scooters on the road couse anyway....:->

Sorry no. Was just making an assumption on how they can run 6.91 this year and 6.96 last year there. My apologies for making such an ignorant assumption.

Now if they gave us a spring date instead of mid summer in Sonoma we would probably be just as fast or maybe even faster who know's.

Lets see what happens in Richmond this weekend. I think Infineon and Richmond are both closer to sea level, so it might be a more even bet. Then again, it will depend on what the weather holds, if both places were to have weather that offered mine shaft conditions who knows what kind of records we would see!

Spotty sprinks Friday... Saturday Clear and cooling.... highs mid 70's both days, Sunday mid sixties and DRY....

We'll see:D

Sears Point is kind of like FREMONT was.....GREAT air because it's close to the ocean. When the sun starts going down the wind shifts around and there's quite a breeze that usually comes in.....
RIP FREMONT.......:(

call me a homer, but I am hopin Route 66 tops both of them......but thats just me :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back