In the interested of fair complaining..... :) (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
There are enough of us on here that complain when it happens, we should also point out when it doesn't.

Raise your hands if you thought the FC semi final match between Robert and the Boss was a done deal before they staged. Yup just about all of us.

Kudos for going all out. Perhaps they have learned from past mistakes.

I'll be honest, I actually hit fast forward on the dvr when they came up, then realized it was an actual race. Stopped and backed it up to watch it.

If we're gonna yell when things happen that we don't like we better praise when it goes right.

I don't believe for a minute that it was a heads up race. Sure, it was a better race than just smoking the tires at the hit but the numbers don't lie. Every car in the semis ran a 4.0 except for Robert. If Robert was racing Del or Hagan he would have ran a 4.0. Either way I have no problem with taking a dive. There is only one championship to be had and the goal of a team is to make sure either yourself or one of your teammates wins it.

The funny thing is, I was fully prepared to come here and see a bunch of posts accusing (pro stock) AJ of diving for Jeg.
:D

I don't believe for a minute that it was a heads up race. Sure, it was a better race than just smoking the tires at the hit but the numbers don't lie. Every car in the semis ran a 4.0 except for Robert. If Robert was racing Del or Hagan he would have ran a 4.0. Either way I have no problem with taking a dive. There is only one championship to be had and the goal of a team is to make sure either yourself or one of your teammates wins it.

Gotta love the Force haters grabbing at straws. So his ET was a little off. BIG DEAL! What, now we're accusing people of diving because they didn't run an ET that was identical to the round before it?

SMH....

Not a Force hater. I don't dislike any team or driver out there. Just my opinion. I don't really care if it was a dive or not. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Ty, bro, you're really reaching here. Do you really think a crewchief(s) could orchestrate two fuel cars to put on that kind of race AND dictate who wins? And I'm not going to lose sleep either, just a little friendly banter.

I dunno PJ, there was a compelling argument for Hight to win that race. Had he won he "coulda been a contender" in the clowndown.

But instead, he got a one way ticket to Palookaville. He could have taken him apart. He shoulda been looked after a little. So he wouldn't have had to take those dives for the short end money. He coulda had class. He coulda been somebody.

So I guess you are saying the same thing about the 2nd round Hagan/TJ race Ty? I mean, come on, TJ did run quicker the round before, so he must have thrown it too, right (to be consistent with your brilliant JFR analysis). :rolleyes:

(W) Matt Hagan (Mopar/Rocky Boots Charger) 0.075 4.064 314.09
(L) Tommy Johnson Jr. (Make-A-Wish Charger) 0.065 4.115 307.72

Why can't you say that it was just a great day of racing and leave it at that?

My hand is up!!! I am reasonably well documented as not the biggest JFR fan on the board...ahem. AND when I saw the Force-Hight matchup coming, there were black helicopters flying all over my living room. BUT, I must say that I was pleasantly suprised to be treated to a straight up race between the teammates. Now listen close everyone, what you are about to hear is seldom heard from me: Bravo Team Force for giving the fans a real race....now back to visiting with the black helicopters about why Paul Lee and/or Gary Densham didn't get an interview for winning the round but we were treated to another generic Courtney interview for losing...Damn, I did it again, didn't I?

With a pair of funny cars hooked up, hauling a**, and approaching 315 MPH, I would say it would be difficult at best to determine the outcome from a driving or tuning standpoint. Remember Baton Rouge many years ago with Larry Minor trying his best to slow down so Gary Beck's broken ride could pass him? Kinda hard to stop on a dime when you are flying.

I won't hesitate to give credit when it's due. I've spoken out several times when JFR has put team orders into effect. This time they ran it straight up and I think credit should be given for it. As PJ stated maybe they realized all the negative press that came from laying down and have chosen to run the races heads up from now on? Maybe some of the new sponsorship deals that were announced recently have a handshake agreement that all races will be run fair and square with no team orders? (I realize that these new deals don't truly take effect until 2015) Regardless, it was a pleasant and welcoming surprise.

This is one area where teams with more then one car have an advantage over single car teams.

I am not saying that they all play games but it certainly is possible to do just that.

I have always thought limiting teams to one car for each class tends to level the playing field.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I dunno PJ, there was a compelling argument for Hight to win that race. Had he won he "coulda been a contender" in the clowndown.

But instead, he got a one way ticket to Palookaville. He could have taken him apart. He shoulda been looked after a little. So he wouldn't have had to take those dives for the short end money. He coulda had class. He coulda been somebody.

Now thats some funny stuff Paul.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back