Important Announcement from Goodguys/VRA (1 Viewer)

What can WE as SPONSORS do to help? Please contact my office at 1-800-67TORCO and ask for Latrell or myself. Thanks Evan.

Well that just plain sucks!
I basically built my car to keep racing the Goodguys events (Hilborn, Mag etc). EFI here I come!

It may be complete igonrance on my part but why can't they move the featured event to another track such as Fontana? The location would be suitable for such an event and the lodging/food/entertainment would be superior to Bakersfield in almost every way? The facility and surface could be considered superior and the demographic/fan base is ten times the potential draw for such an event? It may even provide an excellent counter-strike to those who mandated the change?

.....why can't they move the featured event to another track such as Fontana? .......It may even provide an excellent counter-strike to those who mandated the change?

Good point!!

From his earlier post in this thread, It sounds like Evan is willing to help.

Evan,

That's great of you to want to help. But I wouldn't bother helping the Good-Guys, or shall I say the greedy guys, if they knew how to run an event and treat the racers maybe they'd have my sympathy, but they don't. And yes, I know they can't control the weather problems in 2006, but you know what, that's a lame excuse! They've been stiffing the Sportsman racers for the past couple of years and alot of them are fed up with it..... two of them being relatives of mine, one of which is still waiting after 7 months for a refund on a race he couldn't participate in due to an injury.

Seattle.....what the ****** were they thinking going there in May?? Common sense tells you if it rained in September the previous year, then it just might rain in May the following year.

Pomona.....No Nitro Under The Lights?!?!?! What a bad decision! The excuse of curfew, I dont think so, they were too cheap to rent the lights. The past several years that place was packed for Nitro Under The Lights....oh and using bulbs instead of LED's screwed up the racers......BAD!!!!!

I'm done!

Its is true that the Meadors are flat out A-Holes but there are a WHOLE lot of racers that will have no series to run if they close up shop.

Whatever your feeling towards the Good-Guys, it is still in Evan's best interest to help them anyway he can. Since he is shut out of the NHRA by VP, his options for selling Nitro are severely limited, and I imagine he actually makes a few buck at the vintage events.

Good luck to all involved, hopefully it gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I hope Evan does get involved...
Even without GG there will be nostalgia racing.
Ummm How about the Torco Race Fuels Vintage Drag Racing Series???
Events at Bakersfield, Fontana, Boise ID, Sacramento, Phoenix, etc...
A 10 race series with a points fund...
I know it sounds logical which of course makes it seem like it can't happen...
I feel confident we will be racing a nostalgia series in 2007...

Jerry Kumre Jr
713 AA/FD

Add to the ones Jerry said....Top Gun(Northern Nevada-Reno) and Vegas(Southern Nevada) and we would have a very nice tour for Torco Fuels!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back