IHRA Pitch for sportsman racers (1 Viewer)

You won't hear any complaining from us if the IHRA decides to sanction tracks and run events out West. We'd love to hear about this!

IHRA.com - Homepage Of IHRA Motorsports - A Division Of Live Nation I didn't know the NHRA had threatened fines for leaving the track in Houston. Seems like they could have arranged some way for racers that wanted to leave to get out of the track.:confused:

You should have been there. It was quite crazy. They pushed mud up several inches on the side of Folk's vette when they graded the road Sat night and one big name sportsman driver told the director at NHRA Sun morning that he could suck his right nut. It was pretty funny. They were pissed and I dont blame them. And its true they did tell them that if they left it would be $250 fine. The worst part is they are scheduled to run it tonight and tomorrow and its 80% chance of rain and a high of 53. Going to be interesting. I dont think they will get it in but what do I know. I had also heard they told the tow truck drivers not to help but I was later told that wasnt true. But the $250 was true, I heard that from the mouth of an official. You would think that when the millionaire owners of a racetrack which the Angels are, who even own a construction company, could/would pave the entire pit area.

Sportsman Competition set for April 7th

CANCELLED

Due to the washout of Saturday's racing at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals presented by Pennzoil and the delayed start of Sunday's racing, a portion of Sportsman racing, involving Super Stock, Stock, Super Comp, and Super Street, will be completed at the Dallas LODRS and the O'Reilly Fall Nationals in Dallas. The Spring National's sportsman entries Test & Tune set from 1:00pm-6:00pm on Friday has also been cancelled.

COMPLETION OF THE O’REILLY SPRING NATIONALS SPORTSMAN COMPETITION

1. Comp will run their final rounds during Saturday’s class qualifying at Dallas LODRS event.

2. Super Street will move to the O’Reilly Fall Nationals in Dallas and will be open only to those racers that were entered and attended the Houston event. No car or driver changes allowed.

3. Super Stock, Stock, & Super Comp will run on April 12, Thursday the day before the Dallas LODRS event starting at 4pm with a time run then eliminations till complete.

4. Competitors that attended and have withdrawn from the Houston event can return and compete in the event at Dallas if they choose.

5. Starting at 4pm Thursday we will give competitors one time run and go directly into eliminations.

6. Those competitors that cannot return are still able to withdraw by just not showing up.

7. Super Stock, Stock, & Super Comp will all be random paired first round. Ladders will be generated by closest to the dial for second round.

8. Payout will be done by NHRA through the mailing out of checks from our headquarters.

How does it make sense to run next weekend when many of the racers are pre-entered to run at the Vegas National?

Well, they weren't going to get it run this weekend anyway. This weekend could make last weekend look like a picnic. Except for the touring pros, most everyone affected races in Division 4 and wouldn't be going to Vegas anyway - the Dallas LODRS date was already a conflict for those that wanted to run both. Remember, it's only Stock, Super Stock and Super Comp that's affected, except for the four remaining in Comp and all four are Division 4 regulars.

Since it's postponed by rain, anyone who wants to withdraw simply doesn't show up at the Dallas LODRS for Thursday's eliminations. The entry can then be used at a future event and they don't get stuck with having to claim the points.

That's cool Larry. Keith Downing's dad Dwight got there the Wednesday before the National to park the rig and has been there every since. Keith Flew in again last night, and now gets to help his dad drive home... I guess this is one of those cases where they say... That's racin'

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Maybe they would have gotten it in this weekend, but with forecasts as high as 80 percent for rain by 10 a.m. Saturday, it's likely it would turn out like last Saturday. Nobody wants to race on Easter, or even on Easter weekend. Even worse would be to waste the weekend watching it rain and then moving the rest of the race to Dallas the following weekend.

It's going to be a juicy, cold weekend here, with a cold front dropping temperature 20-30 degrees and a low pressure area pumping in moisture to feed the temperature drop and bring lots of rain. They are even forecasting snow up in the Dallas area.

IHRA got kudos for changing an event schedule because of a similar weather forecast, NHRA got blamed for not changing theirs last weekend, now NHRA has taken the weather forecast into consideration and they are getting blamed for doing that. Sounds like a can't-win deal to me.

How about, "Rain Sux!!" We can all agree on that, can't we (sheesh, I'm starting to sound like Rodney King).

This is a case of "Southern hospitality" in Texas, DEFINITELY not extending to NHRA Sportsman racers: This is not an aberation, it's a trend, how long ago was it that the National at Dallas banished sportsman racers to a Wal-Mart parking lot???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back