I heard that the crowds at Indy were booing.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
....When they found out the Jim Head was DQ'd for crossing the centerline and Whit advanced. Is this true?

They shouldn't have. Jim himself said he lost the race because he hit the cone. "Look at the spot on my car. Air doesn't do that!"

They booed then, and also at the end when they showed him after Hight on Motel 6 vision. You can actually hear it on the telecast.

Yes, It's true,which I can't seem to understand why. If those people took the time to talk to Whit they would realize what a great guy he really Is.I have talked to him at a couple of races this year,and I have nothing but good things to say about him,I wish I could say that about some of the other racers.

? ? ?

Maybe they just wanted the underdog to continue in his quest.

Jim and Whit

I've had a few chats with Whit and I think he's a great dude. You all should try to catch him when he's got some free time. He's a decent, sincere and very non-phony fellow. plus he seems to have a lot of close friends on the tour, like TJ, Mike Dunn, Larry Dixon, etc. Judge the man by the company he keeps, they sometimes say.

Never spoke to Head in my life, but I've always been a fan. He seems like a good dude and he was EXTREMELY CLASSY AND GRACIOUS about hitting that damn cone!

-85% Jimmy

Yes the fans did boo the result. Truth be told I think they would have booed that decision if ANY big team were in the other lane. I really didn't even consider the 'who' when the race happened. I can't root in the press room but I can say I really like it when we get a new winner or someone who hasn't done well in a long time.

I thought it showed a lot of class when Jim Head said that he did in fact hit the cone.

I don't think the booing was so much against Whit in so much as the fans were just disappointed in the fact that Head lost.

We were standing at the top of the oval stands (which provides an AWESOME vantage point I might add) during that race and as soon as they both smoked the tires we were screaming "stay in it" and watched the pedal-fest begin.

There was a growing feeling there that this might be Head's day and it was exciting to watch that particular race only to end up feeling let down because of the contact with the cone. It was the height of excitement followed by an immediate "Oh no!" It didn't matter who was in the next lane.

I think it was most likely more due to Head being the "Underdog".

But Head did a stand up job, didnt try to hide or argue or anything... just told it like it was which was pretty darn cool in my book.

There was a growing feeling there that this might be Head's day and it was exciting to watch that particular race only to end up feeling let down because of the contact with the cone. It was the height of excitement followed by an immediate "Oh no!" It didn't matter who was in the next lane.

I thought too, "This is Head's day".

They also booed John Force on Friday night when they thought his car was a tribute to the Dallas Cowboys.

Yep, they booed. :( Crowd was brutal. Rules are rules and they swing your way sometimes and then sometimes they don't. That is racin. I think they both handled it just fine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back