I expect... (1 Viewer)

Ron has to be a nervous wreck by now. I wonder how much sleep he had last night being that this can be his 1st. championship driving this many years.

Hey Alan, There's word traveling that MLR is shutting down their operation in T/F... You're the goto guy when words or rumors are being said in the pits.

is there any word if this is true?

Nunzio,
It's not going to happen, but it's POSSIBLE that Capps could get bumped out of the field, that's why he can't be crowned until qualifying is complete. But yes, the reality is that it's over.
Alan

Thanks Alan, puts me at ease, Capps is a good racer, it's time.

Rick

Wow I hope that rumor about MLR is not true. And thanks Alan, I'm pumped for Capps to lock this up!

Nunzio,
It's not going to happen, but it's POSSIBLE that Capps could get bumped out of the field, that's why he can't be crowned until qualifying is complete. But yes, the reality is that it's over.
Alan

Hey Alan, what are the tie breaker criterias? I know i know it won't come to that in this case, but I was just curious in general. On NHRA's website it just says "Contact NHRA Points for tiebreakers."

I imagine Hagen would lobby for a bench press contest. :D

Congrats to Capps but is there is no longer 20 points for setting a national E.T. record?

Bottom of NHRA's points page it states - How points are earned it states -
Additional points are awarded at national events as follows:
10 points to all contestants — one qualifying run required
15 at Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals — one qualifying run required
20 points for establishing an official e.t. record

Source - http://www.nhra.com/points/melloyello.aspx

Nevermind - I found the story on NHRA.com regarding no longer requiring 1% backup for records and stating no points for records. http://www.nhra.com/story/2016/1/25/back-up-run-certification-no-longer-required/

NHRA should update that How points are earned page.

Coming to the party a little late - sometimes life gets in the way... Heck, I haven't even seen the race yet!

Anyway, my sincerest congratulations to Ron Capps and the entire Napa Funny Car team. A lot of fans love him, some not so much, but nobody can argue that Ron has more than paid his dues and is extremely deserving of this year's title. Even when he lost, he was always gracious and congratulatory to whoever beat him - something that is sorely missing in many of today's athletes. Couldn't be happier for him and I know he will represent Mello Yello, DSR & Napa with honor as he defends his title next season. Well done, sir!

Craig why dont you like Capps. I have John and in finals they're buddies so it would be cool and Force won't give any slack.
Jesse, if you go back and read some of Craig's posts over the years you might notice that he has a negative opinion about a lot of the top drivers on the tour. That's not my opinion...that's a fact. That is the thing about social media...anyone can say anything without any credibility.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back