I expect... (2 Viewers)

Gordon

Nitro Member
...to come on this website sometime Sunday afternoon and congratulate Ron Capps on his first ever NHRA Mello Yello Funny Car World Championship!

I'm a huge Wilk fan, as I've posted before, but it will be very nice to see Ron finally hoist that Championship Trophy on the stage. #NAPAKNOWHOW

I have to agree with you Gordon because this one is way overdue. 2nd. would be to the Wilker pull one off being that he has really stepped his program up being a single team.

you know my opinions on points, the C, and the championships.....who cares....it's a traveling circus; put on the best show you can in each city to the most people and hope they return next year.......but if they insist on giving trophies to a few of the best circus performers each year, then yes, i'll be happy to see ron take his turn hoisting a year end trophy......he's one of the best out there and has been for years, and hope he continues for many more.

A Wilk - Ron Capps final would be ideal for me, with Tim hoisting the Wally. It would help me a little in the pick the winner, but I don't really try to win since I pick mostly my favourite drivers. Just trying to stay in the top 50.

You might not have to wait that long. If the points hold serve or change minimally during qualifying, he gets the check and trophy Saturday night!

You might not have to wait that long. If the points hold serve or change minimally during qualifying, he gets the check and trophy Saturday night!

Capps has to make it to the semi's on Sunday to clinch. Right now Hagan and Johnson are mathematically still in it.

would be nice to see Ron win the championship . Tobler is a very smart man and will run the race round by round.

Capps has to make it to the semi's on Sunday to clinch. Right now Hagan and Johnson are mathematically still in it.
Ron is up 86 points, if he qualifies he just has to win round 1 to clinch. If he is up 81 points come Saturday evening, it's over then no need to go to the semis.

After 2 sessions of qualifying he's up 89 points. It would take a miracle for Hagan. Capps now just needs to qualify 4th or better no matter what anyone else does to get his trophy tomorrow.

Jerry is really shaking up the H.D. guys for the championship. His Q2 was pretty scary with the rear wheel wobble but was able to save it.

Jerry is such a cool guy, would love to see him take it from the Harleys.

Congrats to World Champions Ron Capps and Rahm Tobler.

At this point, Hagen can at best, cut Capps' lead down to 83 going into eliminations. With no points available for setting a record, isn't it over already? Is there a scenario I'm missing?

Nunzio,
It's not going to happen, but it's POSSIBLE that Capps could get bumped out of the field, that's why he can't be crowned until qualifying is complete. But yes, the reality is that it's over.
Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back