I Dont Get It.... (1 Viewer)

scooter

Nitro Member
:confused: How does replacing Bazemore as the driver of the Matco car for the remainder of this season, fix Don Schumacher Racing losing Matco as a team sponsor for next season?:confused:

Reinhart was asked that very question on Power Shift on XM 143 today and the first was afirmitive!
Good segment Allan can't wait for that long segment on Comp. next week and maybe you can confirm Ashley's debut in Funny Car at Ennis or not!
Will send Joe that Question via e mail. Be ready to answer or not.

This could impact this years points battle. Even if Beckman qualifies, would he beat Capps and could he beat Force? We know Baze is capable of both.

Scott,
re "How does replacing Bazemore as the driver of the Matco car for the remainder of this season, fix Don Schumacher Racing losing Matco as a team sponsor for next season?", it does not. What it does do is give Beckman a head start on getting in next year's Skoal Shootout as points accumulation begins at Reading.
As for Jack having the capability of taking out Capps or Force, Don does not want the former even if the latter is a good thing. With DSR competing heads up there would definitely be a good chance that the Matco car could point a crimp in Capps' title chase if Whit was driving while Jack will still be on a learning curve. Todd has the car running well now and Jack may surprise us but I would put money on Whit doing better in the car.

Roo Man

I think most of you are forgetting something here:

PROFESSIONAL DRAG RACING IS A BUSINESS.

It's all about the 100K

It is all about Skoal Showdown points. Why should Don Shoe let Whit gain valuable Skoal qualifying points in his car (that is getting more and more competitive by now) just to take those points and move to another team by the end of the year? Also, Beckman would be losing out on those potential points by sitting out. Yes the points stay with the driver but the check gets cut to the owner.

You can read my take on this whole thing on Fastmachines.com

So, you're convinced that the mere chance at winning $100,000 is what drives and determines the timing of these decisions?

"The major factor here is timing and money. More importantly $100,000 offered by U.S. Smokeless Tobacco, the sponsor of the Skoal Showdown."

I think (an example) what I'm seeing are your opinions of why something happened stated as fact. Don't you think you should put something like "I believe" in front of it unless you have a way of knowing why Don Schumacher or Matco did something that you're not telling us?

I think it's just as likely as the other possibility you stated. "Whether Matco came out and said it directly or not, the underlying message here is 'We don't like Whit as a driver and that is why we are no longer sponsoring his car'."

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back