How 'bout that Sean DeWitt!!! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
Sean DeWitt took top honors at the 'Musclecar Reunion & Nostalgia Drags' at Gateway Int'l Raceway in St Louis this weekend! Sean competed in Top Eliminator and ran a stout 6.837 @ 193.05 in the final.

Another Mater friend, Rapid Randy Baker won his match race in Nostalgia Funny Car over Greg Jacobsmeyer's '70 Challenger.

Gentlemen...it was a pleasure calling your wins! ;)

Thanks a bunch, guys! It was great to salvage a pretty rough weekend with a win. It was also nice to put another face to a fellow 'Mater in Johnny Mopar Caran. It was great to meet you and hang with you a little bit, John. I look forward to seeing you down the road in Kansas City!

I would've been able to add another face to a name back in Joliet, but Eric was too mesmarized by the Nitro Madness group and Sean Belt. ;) But in all seriousness, I look forward to meeting you in the future as well, Eric. I guess my car wasn't fast enough and I dont' have one of those cool mohawks like Belt has, or you might have hung out with us a little, huh?! LMAO!!!

Later,

Sean D

I would've been able to add another face to a name back in Joliet, but Eric was too mesmarized by the Nitro Madness group and Sean Belt. ;) But in all seriousness, I look forward to meeting you in the future as well, Eric. I guess my car wasn't fast enough and I dont' have one of those cool mohawks like Belt has, or you might have hung out with us a little, huh?! LMAO!!!

Later,

Sean D

now hold on a minute i'm gonna have to speak in mine and eric's defense! poor eric was confused by the hot weather, heat of competition and all crazed screaming soccer moms at his boy's soccer game that day in joliet (where he was before he races). he was all excited to be at the races and even asked for an autograph! hell he even shed a tear when i signed it... i was touched man. i thought i had my first true fan.

then he told me he was crying because i signed 'sean belt'.... NOT 'SEAN DEWITT'

needless to say... i was crushed!

disclaimer: this entire story was fabricated in order to heckle my new mater buddy sean D

And I hear that there was a very good announcer there, right Mr. Cerberus? And Rapid was there also? Sounds like a veritable Mater reunion!

I gotta get to one of these events soon!! Heck with the Naylor connection, I might even be welcome at a Mopar event!

Later,

Sean D
To continue with the derailment of this thread. ;) I will go with Sean's reasoning for me. lol
Sean D, where do you live? What races do you hit? Probably the Cordova race that I won't be around for, huh?

Yeah, I read that over on Hal Canode's website.
Nice win Sean and team.

Congrats again to Sean D. Talking about winning an uphill battle! Nice going :cool:

Sean B. This kid is going to be tough when we go against him,,,,lets get together and formulate a "Welcome to the club plan" for dealing with him. :D

John, thanks for all the kind words over the weekend. Everybody was saying they heard you talking the race up. You did a fantastic job on the mic from everything I heard. Congrats :cool:

Rapid

Thanks, Randy, Buzz and everyone. It was a pretty awesome way to end a weekend. Plus I was able to add to my 'Mater list by meeting up with Johnny Mopar.

Yes, Eric, we do have tentative plans to be in Cordova as it turns out. I live in a little 'burg about an hour and a half north of Indy called Royal Center.

Randy and Belt, are you guys going to Cordova?

Sean D

As the World Series gets closer, we will have to get a Mater Meeting scheduled. I happened to run into David Smith and hung out with him last year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back