How 'bout that Old Spice team?!? (1 Viewer)

StockersRock

Nitro Member
Congrats to Zippy, John Medlen, and the whole Old Spice gang! That, to me, was the story of the race. New driver and new motor get first round wins, and to see John Medlen going rounds again was fantastic!

Yeah that was one of the highlights IMO as well. I cracked up when Mike said (basically), "I'm so excited it feels like I won the race....we don't know how to act!":D Good stuff:cool:

With a good baseline tune-up, who'd bet against the minds of Medlen and Zippy calling the shots, reading the tracks and sending a well prepped car to the line? I, for one believe this team will end up in the top three this year and be a major contender for decades to come!

I believed it was just a matter of time and that this is the future of T/F Funny Car racing.

I smiled all the way through Zippy's interviews - just because he was smiling. I couldn't help it...how often have you seen a "goofy grin" on his face? (Meant in a good way).

DLB

Did anyone notice the lack of "death smoke" on the top end when the Old Spice car runs? Very Un-Force like.

Neff gave Wilk a good race, he was right there! I liked John Medlens interview after the semi when he said Eric was looking down on him telling him to get it together...or something along those lines. Old Spice team didn`t have a single round win going into eliminations, then they got three. That car is starting to make some noise and that ain`t good news for those guys barely inside the top 10.

That car is starting to make some noise and that ain`t good news for those guys barely inside the top 10.

I agree with you 110%, that car will be in the top 10 sooner rather than later, IMO. Good job to John Medlen, Zippy, and the entire Old Spice/JFR team.

I prefer the smell of Old Spice over Brut anyday! Sorry Kelly & Ron!!!

It reminds me of my Dad when we were kids. It was either that or English Leather!!! Yum!!! heehehehe!

I prefer the smell of Old Spice over Brut anyday! Sorry Kelly & Ron!!!

It reminds me of my Dad when we were kids. It was either that or English Leather!!! Yum!!! heehehehe!

gee, I only wear Old Spice.

Yepper, Mr. Medlen, Zippy, and the whole Crew done good. The Last two weeks have been a preview of things to come this season. Looks like the Next Generation has arrived.

d'kid
But I sure wouldn't count out Wilky... :D

it was so great to see the old spice team make the finals on sunday! wish they could have won, but that team are already winners and will win events in the near future. good to see john medlen having fun again and zippy going rounds.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back