Horrid Car Count for HPR (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
I hope this is because NHRA is lagging behind on updating entry postings. Very Very small count in sportsman classes. When HPR open this track it had a great fall date and sold out because there was always record runs every year. Now the track has a holiday date that begins the start of summer and people in the Midwest love the lakes and that's where they will be. Rough weekend for attendance really makes no sense, just don't understand NHRA 'S thinking on this one.

I hope this is because NHRA is lagging behind on updating entry postings. Very Very small count in sportsman classes. When HPR open this track it had a great fall date and sold out because there was always record runs every year. Now the track has a holiday date that begins the start of summer and people in the Midwest love the lakes and that's where they will be. Rough weekend for attendance really makes no sense, just don't understand NHRA 'S thinking on this one.

Are you referring to Houston......I'm guessing that's where you were going with HPR? If so, was there a reason to start another thread on this when there is already an existing one that's been going on for a couple of days? Or did you need to start a fresh "let's bash the NHRA" thread???? Geeez! :rolleyes:

No. Mike I was talking about Heartland Park Raceway Topeka, Ks. Thanks for asking but I don't really see the bashing part, sorry to upset you. :D

Last edited:
With the event being a month away yet, I think it's too early to be concerned about the car counts. I agree with you thought about putting the race on Memorial Day weekend being a bad idea. That is the main reason I won't be going to Topeka. After this rough winter, the cabin is where I want to be that weekend.

Topeka back in the early 90's had 2 races. a July and a September. I went to the September one TILL they added the JULY and it was like $15 cheaper on Friday(Nitro under the lights). LAst time it was July was 1996 and Joe Amato and Blaine Johnson hit the 4.50's! Amato First then Blaine. TO add to the fun John Force kil the then ET record with a firdt SUB 4.90 with a 4.88! Still have that Autographed shirt Blaine and Jimmy Prock along with John Force and numerous otehrs!
NHRA now days is wayyy to expensive for me on disabilty to attend, 2008 was the LAST NHRA race i will ever attend!
Id rather spend $20 at my local track or $20 at Tulsa's Nitro NAtionals......way more fun and entertaining!

Topeka back in the early 90's had 2 races. a July and a September. I went to the September one TILL they added the JULY and it was like $15 cheaper on Friday(Nitro under the lights). LAst time it was July was 1996 and Joe Amato and Blaine Johnson hit the 4.50's! Amato First then Blaine. TO add to the fun John Force kil the then ET record with a firdt SUB 4.90 with a 4.88! Still have that Autographed shirt Blaine and Jimmy Prock along with John Force and numerous otehrs!
NHRA now days is wayyy to expensive for me on disabilty to attend, 2008 was the LAST NHRA race i will ever attend!
Id rather spend $20 at my local track or $20 at Tulsa's Nitro NAtionals......way more fun and entertaining!
your local track is $20. a sunday tkt to Topeka is $43. that doesnt sound 'wayyy more expensive'. you should go. its a great day

Gotta agree with Barry, I support my local track too. But, the difference between ANY local track and ANY day at a national event is worth more than $23. JMO

Id rather spend $20 at my local track or $20 at Tulsa's Nitro NAtionals......way more fun and entertaining
!
Welcome to the mater. You have only been a member for 2 days and you are already taking shots at Nhra... you should fit in pretty good here.:D I'm curious where your local track is at?

Last edited:
Local is like 50 minutes away. I live in SE Kansas. Mo-kan is the track's name. Near Asbury,Mo. LIke 6 miles south of the Kansas border.
Tulsa,Oklahoma is like a 2 hour + drive south.
As i am visually disabled i cannot DRIVE to a track so i have to enlist a'driver'.. i always pay thier way in so you $46 is double.. Type 1 diabetic and going on 35 years.
A bad day at the track is MUCH better then a day sitting at home!
TY for the kind words of ONLY been 2 days,lol.
I have just now decided to pay the $1 registraytion, i have lurked for maybe a few years and WAS a member till they instituted the $1.. for me it was a matter of principle...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back