Holley Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green '16 (1 Viewer)

Mike_in_Toney

Nitro Member
Does anyone know if there is some sort of schedule for the reunion? I live about three hours away and am hoping to make it just a day trip. I've seen YouTube videos of the cacklefest which I assume is after the racing and it's pretty dark when they do it. I have looked at the website but have yet to see any link to a schedule and tried emailing somebody from NHRA but have heard nothing. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

All I have seen so far is...

Wednesday June 15th
Headlock Classic Insurance FanFest, downtown Bowling Green----5-8pm

Thursday June 16th
Late Registration and participant Will Call-----6:30am to 4:00pm
Axalta Show 'N Shine parking opens----7:00am
Spectator gates open----8:00am
Hot Heads Eliminator Qualifying & Exhibition Runs----10:00am to 5:00pm
Top Fuel Qualifying Session #1----immediately following session
Secure Track Activity----6:00pm

Friday June 17th
The same with a few items added.
Secure All Track Activity----5:00pm

Saturday June 18th
NO LATE REGISTRATION
Show 'N Shine parking opens----7:00am
Spectator gates open----8:00am
Racing Eliminations Start (all classes)----8:30am
All NHRA activity----12:45am
Final Rounds-All Eliminations----6:30pm
Special Awards & Honorees presentation----7:00pm
Show 'N Shine winners Parade & Awards----7:15pm
Carklefest Parade & Presentation----7:45pm
Reunion Closes----9:00pm

Thanks. I just saw the link to the schedule......right in the middle of the page where apparently I can't see anything :)

I am going for the first time this year and I am really excited. Everyone I know who has been there says it is the greatest deal ever.

Mike Tillery & Mike Walker, you will be amazed. Everywhere is a car show. Every hotel parking lot, restaurant, ect. If ya like nostalgia you will love this.
The track is old school. You will be very close to the track. Not hundreds of ft away like newer tracks. Yes the cackle fest is Sat night. If it's yer first time then I recommend it. The host hotel is usually the site of the induction ceremony for the hall of fame inductees for the year. It's free and I highly recommend that.

Be sure to post about your trip when ya get home, & let us know how it went for ya.

Oh, I guess I should have clarified, I did go back in '12 but only for the Friday qualifying. My buddy couldn't get out of a family commitment so we went that day and left about 5:00 to get back to Alabama. Yes it was a sight! Hoping to go this weekend but my buddy had knee surgery last week so he had to bail. I may end up going it alone if I can't find anyone to tag along with. From what I saw the weather should be pretty good this weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back