Hmmm Tire downforce checker ! (1 Viewer)

Wow, that first video looks brutal. Obviously not done with the tires on my race car hauler! You look at those the wrong way and they pop! :D

The second video is amazing. Always room for improvement, huh?

So Larry, got a set of those Tweels on the vette yet? :D

Nope but when I get back home I'm buying another pair of American Torque thrusts 2 's rears 11 in x 17 and buying a set of z rated BFG road tires before I kill my fool self road racing and rallying with BFG T/A Drag Radials.

One 4 1/2 hour rally wore all the tread off a brand new set of Drag Radials 315x 40x 12 in tread width !

I thought my brother was kidding about spinning tires and burning rubber at 130 mph . LOL

Jean a proper track where you don't have to brake much like Texas Motor Speedway's infield track is a real gas in a vette !

As far as rally's I'm meeting at the restaurant at the end of one next month but I'm not into going to jail and my car impounded or worse wrapped around a tree so track or strip are OK but acting crazy ! NAH !
And get this it's a Saint Jude Benefit ! Go Figure !

Great BBQ restaurant about 30 min. from where I keep my car at.
Meeting a Girl Cousin who recently lost her husband who lives there.
You know a passel of Corvettes always attracts a crowd.

I hate going to the drag strip because of the cleanup [ VHT - Rubber ] involved in case I want to take the car to the hundreds of car shows around D/FW.
We have a little one at a Restaurant parking lot every Wed. weather permitting.

Getting too old I guess but I'm going to start polishing all the aluminum I can.
The ZO7 handling package works like a champ on the old thing !

Those new tweels I don't know if you get new rubber on them or if you have to buy the whole thing.
My own view is the give factor in the wheel would have to change over time.

If they could just fill in the sides they would be more palatable to old Hot Rodders.

Whitewalls ????

If they could just fill in the sides they would be more palatable to old Hot Rodders.

Whitewalls ????

IF this is a viable technology, then cool. But, people being people (We're still using a QWERTY keyboard and a steering wheel, even though "better" technologies are available.) I'm thinking they'll put "sidewalls" on the final consumer product after all the dog and pony shows are done, to convince the average driver that these are tires are substantial, and that they can trusted.

But for people like my brother, and my two youngest sons, who's idea of "automobile maintenance" is "I turn the key, if it doesn't start, it's time for maintenance,"this would be a godsend.

IF this is a viable technology, then cool. But, people being people (We're still using a QWERTY keyboard and a steering wheel, even though "better" technologies are available.) I'm thinking they'll put "sidewalls" on the final consumer product after all the dog and pony shows are done, to convince the average driver that these are tires are substantial, and that they can trusted.

But for people like my brother, and my two youngest sons, who's idea of "automobile maintenance" is "I turn the key, if it doesn't start, it's time for maintenance,"this would be a godsend.

Reminds me of an ex boss's daughter. Engine started knocking. She turned the radio up. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back