Hines/Brown Race 2nd Round (1 Viewer)

You!

Nitro Member
I was really hoping someone else would pose this question, but since no one did, I guess I'm going to.

I watched it but did not tape it. DRC says Hines rolled the beams, but I don't recall seeing the bike moving forward. Did it? But on teevee they said he rolled backwards thus putting out the stage beam. That I could understand if he were shallow, but then there would be NO reaction time, not the negative .341. In fact, there would be no data from the run, but there was!

So two different versions, and they never showed that run again in replay! They'll replay runs three or four times that mean nothing, and yet this one had championship significance and they never break it down?! UH?!

Did anyone here go back and watch the real time again and determine which scenario really happened up there?

I think as long as the stage beam connects, it starts counting. I dont think it matters if the wheel rolls forward or backwards. This is not the first time it has happened in PSB.

Happens alot in bracket racing. If your staged sooo shallow that you barely break the stage beam and your tire moves back just a fraction of an inch when you hit the rev limiter it will redlight you, the clock will start counting and xxx amount of time later when you leave your 60 ft. will be slow by how much you redlit as will the entire run but the mph will still be high.

Andrew's 60 ft. time on that pass was 3 or 4 tenths slow and he redlit by about that much. Do the math. Sucks that it happened but it's not some conspiracy against the guy and I was surprised he didn't get it when he looked at his time slip.

I think Andrew said that when he went on the 2 step the bike bounce out of the beam.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back