hey any one have any funny car models photos thank you (1 Viewer)

Nhrafan

Nitro Member
im just want to know if any one had funny car model photos thank you
1-24-gary-scelzi-oakley-mopar-2005-funny-car_1_2e19db4d745f3c4e83dbf6402dc9610e.jpg

Wow, these are cool! Especially like the Studie & the back motor car. All of them are way above my level. Heh

We play at the slot car track from time to time.

Attachments

• setzer_big.jpg
    setzer_big.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 34
  • shirleySS_big.jpg
    shirleySS_big.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 37
Mark, when are you racing again? We have had around 120 cars at the past 3 races. I hope to see you soon.
My wife, who is a much better drag slot car driver than I, is in big trouble if the COVID thing gets in her, so we are parked(along with our little Super Pro dragster)for awhile. We have about 20 cars (8 are golden era funny cars) and really enjoy getting our butts handed to us by you locals, but it is still really fun. I enjoy your posts and real deal experience. We are looking forward to meeting you at Buena Park.

I think if a track was ever set up at a national event, slot car drag racing in that area would enjoy a huge resurgence.

Attachments

• usa1_big.jpg
    usa1_big.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 31
Here are a few more cars.

Attachments

• liberman.jpg
    liberman.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 32
  • mazmanian2.jpg
    mazmanian2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 30
  • muldowney2.jpg
    muldowney2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 30
  • mazmanian.jpg
    mazmanian.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 33
  • muldowney.jpg
    muldowney.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 31
great cars,what is the best glue to use,??most of them suck,i did buy some testors liquid cement for plastic ,but have not used it yet.its part #281216
thanks brad

It's been 25 years since I've built any models, but I've continued to collect on and off over the years. Here's a small sample from my closet.
86392762_3196264740403411_5998672683636621312_o.jpg

Tamiya medium and light glue. Once you understand how they work, that is all you will use.

On a related topic, I started using acrylic paint for base coats. Cheap and plentiful(Walmart for under a buck). You have to play around with diluting them(use windshield wiper solution) and you have to use several light coats. I am having pretty good success with a HF dual action airbrush and their compressor.

Slixx decals has an awesome variety of golden era and current car decals. Find the car model and roll through Slixx and grab a decal sheet and you have your own semi-custom model/slot car.

Last edited:
It's been 25 years since I've built any models, but I've continued to collect on and off over the years. Here's a small sample from my closet.View attachment 6039
Tony, same here! I haven’t built one since I was a kid, but I’ve accumulated a whole bunch over the years, treating them more like collectibles I guess. I have great memories of spending many nights meticulously building drag racing models, even won a couple shows.

The cool thing about slot car drag racing is you get to see your model car move and demonstrate to all why you are not driving a pro stocker in the NHRA tour.

Anyone remember these kits? This one is still sealed in the tin box container.

Attachments

• Hawaiian.JPG
    Hawaiian.JPG
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 36
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back