Here's to the 4th! (1 Viewer)

To all the American Maters, have a very happy 4th Of July from the other side of The Pond.

Enjoy your day
:D:D

I always have a flag pole in the front of my home. We are getting ready to break ground on another new home and I already have a 40 ft. lighted flag pole for it ready to install. We have the same in the front of Buzzz's home. Happy Independence day to all the American Maters.
Hope you find some great fire works!

Happy birthday America. What ... you are 231?!?! Get out of here ... you don't look a day over 150!

In all seriousness ... have a happy 4th everyone. I will raise my beer in a toast later this evening:

"To all those that came before and for all those that come after"

I just got home from a 3 day pyro binge. I spent Monday and Tuesday setting up and shooting the fireworks show for the City of Norwalk, Ca (for some reason the city always has their shows on 7/3). It was a fairly large show (1,100 shells) but I had a great crew and the city fathers complimented me on how it was the best show they have ever had. Then today I worked a 13 hour shift at Disneyland loading the extra show for their 4th of July celebration and then worked 2 Fantasmic shows. I'm beat but ready to go back to the Magic Kingdom again tomorrow to shoot our regular show. And I'm sure if I get within 1/2 mile of a bomb sniffing dog, I will cause him to go into coniption fits.

Long hours this time of year for a pyrotechnician but it's like racing, we do it because it is something we truly love.

yes, Independence Day.......as in not 'the 4th of July'.
most i've talked to agree with me, wondering what some of you might think.....
let's make Independence day observed first friday of July.
If you would personally like to observe the 4th, you may do so, but the
observed federal holiday moves to that friday.
unlike Memorial Day and Labor Day which are both observed mondays,
the July holiday is associated with fireworks displays at night, so let's give
a federal holiday where family and friends can get together and not
have the last day of the weekend be the celebration with most having
to work the following day.
just my .02.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back