Have the Pro Field Size Been Changed??? (1 Viewer)

67 Cuda

Nitro Member
Did NHRA change the Pro field sizes? I see they have 12th place being the bump on their results page for Pros from Thursday. Did I miss something??

Did NHRA change the Pro field sizes? I see they have 12th place being the bump on their results page for Pros from Thursday. Did I miss something??

They changed to the top 12 through Friday night sessions the field set on Sat. in an attempt to alleviate the all or nothing runs on Fri and no changes on sat. So the best 4 runners on sat not in the top 12 get in the field that way

Okay I just heard on the audiocast that they have changed to 12 but they will still have 16 position fields. I guess I did miss this.

They changed to the top 12 through Friday night sessions the field set on Sat. in an attempt to alleviate the all or nothing runs on Fri and no changes on sat. So the best 4 runners on sat not in the top 12 get in the field that way

Thanks. I guess this is a good change.

I thing they were right to leave the openings since Friday Nights are for the most part the best " AIR " all season long leaving top qualifying and qualifying chances slim on Saturday.
Of course if there are 16 or less cars then it sure as hell's don't matter.

That should be a major concern .
IHRA had problems fielding 8 car fields at some races.
I wouldn't be supprised this year .
Thats the answer, you know the question.

Last edited:
Is having a field of 17 tf rails a true reflection on the amount of teams in the series, or are there others out there who've not made the opener?

It's Saturday and we now have our first "Official" sixteen car field after the third session of ProStock!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back